Vader Cabs - What's up?

BIGKAHUNA

Lots of cab and speaker talk on here but I cant recall Vader Cabs being mentioned. At one time they were all the rage over on the 7-String site. What gives? Anybody got an opinion on these?

Never head of them, so I hit Google.

I love how various cab manufactures give little to no information about how the cab is actually built. The style of construction and internal volume are what make the biggest difference in sound.

there the fucking bomb buy one asap or kill your self if you dont like fat delicious heart stopping tone's. other wise there only 2 options kill your self or get a marshall mg half stack if thats your kinda thing...

if you want to know what they sound like i believe whitechapel used vader cabinets and 5150's on their studio recording of this is excile - 2007.

externally vader cabinets are coated with bed liner instead of tolex.

for downtuned songs where you would need a tight bass response from the cabinet and alot of headroom id go for vader cabinets, but in the tonal remark they are lack luster. kinda like 5150's - either you dig'em or you dont.

I had a vader 4X12. It was a very stale sounding cab to me. Practicaly no speaker break up. A dark sounding cab. I did not jive with it but a lot of dudes like them. Maybe they would sound better with a solid state head. :dunno:
Shit wiring job though.

People say they are only for metal and are super tight blah blah blah. Theyre just a cab like any other. Theyre well built. Sound good too. There is an option to get rhino liner on them. But stock they come in tolex.

They do market to the metal genre though. maybe thatswhy they have that rep.

I had a Vader 2x12 for a short time. I thought it sounded good but it sounded too tight for my needs.

just picked up an avatar contemporary g412 cab with 2 celestion v30's and two celestion t75's. 8 ohms, 240 watts; this thing easily handles my engl savage and makes it sound better than i've ever heard it. only had it for about 24 hours, so i expect it to sound better and better as the speakers break in. if you've got an ultra-gainy amp and downtune (i tune to dropped a), this is the absolute right choice. and since i got it from the 'scratch and dent' department (when really it was just ordered by a musician they endorse, but he ended up not wanting it), i got it for $100 less than the list price. total with shipping came to about $550. can't beat that price for a cab that sounds this good. and it's bedliner instead of tolex, so this thing is rugged and road ready.

JimmyDoomsday":2j85eggs said:
just picked up an avatar contemporary g412 cab with 2 celestion v30's and two celestion t75's. 8 ohms, 240 watts; this thing easily handles my engl savage and makes it sound better than i've ever heard it. only had it for about 24 hours, so i expect it to sound better and better as the speakers break in. if you've got an ultra-gainy amp and downtune (i tune to dropped a), this is the absolute right choice. and since i got it from the 'scratch and dent' department (when really it was just ordered by a musician they endorse, but he ended up not wanting it), i got it for $100 less than the list price. total with shipping came to about $550. can't beat that price for a cab that sounds this good. and it's bedliner instead of tolex, so this thing is rugged and road ready.
Sounds like a great cab. That speaker mix is hard to beat for high gain tones...I love it.

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_01252-1.jpg

How do you like those ISP subs?

Ive been gassin for one of them for a long time[/quote]

It is crack cocaine for guitar.......I usually need a fix everyday. I would probably quit playing guitar if they were taken away. :rock:

Adds an unmatchable bottom end thump. Has a 3d ish quality. It also allows me to add mids while maintaining what seems like a scooped metal sound whitout being scooped. :confused: It makes sense in my head anyway. :D
Once you play with a sub it's hard to go back to no sub. :aww:

Too dark souding cabs. Sounded good with peavey's XXX, 5150 and JSX. Same with ENGL amps...

but with my Diezel, it sounds baaaaaaaddddddddd. Wayy too Sterile, no mids...

symbolic253":331wpqnh said:
god thats such a brutal rig id kill for that rig

I did kill for that rig..........................oh, wait. Just kidding. :D It has changed quite a bit but it's more brootal than ever.
Thanks dude.

you really gotta open them up moreso than other cabs for them to shine. they are darker than most cabs but at band volumes they are just right and not overly bright and brittle. super tight too. that said i wouldnt recommend them for anything but uber tight metal

Back