Van Halen - All Day and All of the Night

Not positive but I ran across it on YouTube while listening to old recordings .
Found.

It's on this one:

c7lRAdd.jpg

Reactions: ccn
I been obsessed with VH lately . Two underrated songs are AFU and Sour w of infection . Very classic Van Halen musyc wise with Sammy and shit production

I been obsessed with VH lately . Two underrated songs are AFU and Sour w of infection . Very classic Van Halen musyc wise with Sammy and shit production
Surprised . I can't even listen to 1984 , never was a fan of that album and I'm even less of a fan of anything after 1984 . Everything UP to 1984 is awesome to me .

Eddie's playing changed at that point , 1984 onward that I just can't get into . Nothing comes close to the older stuff though.

Surprised . I can't even listen to 1984 , never was a fan of that album and I'm even less of a fan of anything after 1984 . Everything UP to 1984 is awesome to me .

Eddie's playing changed at that point , 1984 onward that I just can't get into . Nothing comes close to the older stuff though.
The two songs I mentioned is where he plays like pre 1984 . They just are shredders . That’s why I brought them up .

House Of Pain was on the "Zero" demo, I think.

:unsure:

I guess I will have to have a listen . Thanks
He really was ripping . It’s very old school vsn Halen musically . But sam and the production is not great on them.one if they has Sammy and Eddie taking to each other on Ed’s guitar. Like the answer to yankee rose

I've never been a Hagar fan, I always thought he was a terrible fit for VH but if others like Hagar then I guess I'm in the minority.

I have always hated overly polished sounding music and VH lost it's rawness after Hagar joined imo . If you listen to Van Halen Live at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1978 it sounds identical to the 1st album . I remember Eddie saying if you can't sound exactly like you do in the studio playing live than what's the point . During the early years their live performances sounded just like their studio albums .

I've never been a Hagar fan, I always thought he was a terrible fit for VH but if others like Hagar then I guess I'm in the minority.

I have always hated overly polished sounding music and VH lost it's rawness after Hagar joined imo . If you listen to Van Halen Live at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1978 it sounds identical to the 1st album . I remember Eddie saying if you can't sound exactly like you do in the studio playing live than what's the point . During the early years their live performances sounded just like their studio albums .
When VH were cutting the first record (1977), the execs at Warner Bros tried to convince the VH brothers to get rid of Roth and replace him with Sammy Hagar.

:geek:

• Wow

amen dicaprio 3.jpg

Back