Vertical OS 212 or Diagonal 212?

djpatb

Which style sounds bigger/closer to a 412? I'm looking to get something to save a few inches on stage, and fit into my trunk for smaller gigs.
I'm thinking about getting a Port City OS 212 Vertical, or a Diagonal 212 Marshall style from either Mojo or Stagecraft. Closed back I'm assuming.
I use a V30/70th Anniversary H30 mix in my 412, so I'd prob use V30/H75 in one of these.
Any thoughts? Thanks.

always vertical for me, vertical has more horizontal spread. (across the stage).

as for close to a 4x12, ported or large. that Port city will surprise you in girth.

If I go with the Port City, do you think the H75's low end would be overbearing?
Would it work better with 2 V30's?

Not sure how much smaller than a 4x12 you want to go, but I have a Bogner 2x12 on wheels that’s pretty easy to move around. It’s smaller than the 4x12, but not a whole lot smaller. It sounds about the same as the 4x12though.

Here is a pic. The 2x12 is on an isolation pad and wheels, but you can see how it compares size wise to the Bogner UberKab. When I play them, there’s not a whole lot of difference, definitely has that big cab sound.

studio2.jpg

I actually have one of those Bogner 212C's also.
It sounds good, but it's not quite there for me. Not sure if it's the lack of height, or the lack of an H30 mix since it's stock.

Back