Variac @ 78V
Mystery Knob
Greenbacks

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14662163

pdOjmxH.jpg

Last edited:
Nice

hardware or plug-in?
JB "style" pickup > home-made JCM-800 > home-made reactive load w/transformer-driven line-out > audio interface > Reaper DAW > Celestion greenback IR's > Pultec EQP-1 plugin > Pultec MEQ-5 plugin > UA-1176 plugin > EMT-140 plate reverb plugin

You just cannot get the VH1 album tone without the Pultec EQs and/or the UA-1176 compressor.

:unsure:
It does sound like it . You just got a a lil more metal chunk . Which I prefer : I like it to chug . I hear some of that on your high end . It’s cool not a bad thing

It does sound like it . You just got a a lil more metal chunk . Which I prefer : I like it to chug . I hear some of that on your high end . It’s cool not a bad thing
A buddy of mine listened to it, and told me to switch to my guitar that has a Super70 pickup for this track..

He's probably right.

A buddy of mine listened to it, and told me to switch to my guitar that has a Super70 pickup for this track..

He's probably right.

Could be. Like I said you got chunk . It’s close but maybe more of the squish saturation possibly. But it’s great no matter man

Could be. Like I said you got chunk . It’s close but maybe more of the squish saturation possibly. But it’s great no matter man
Gonna re-string my Super70 humbucker guitar and try "Jamie's Cryin'" and see if he's right about the JB being too mid-rangey ( I think he's right ).

Gonna re-string my Super70 humbucker guitar and try "Jamie's Cryin'" and see if he's right about the JB being too mid-rangey ( I think he's right ).

I think you just need that squish and sag and it’s perfect. Eddie only had it on that album. He never had that again after the first album

I agree but his say on II and Women and Children was more consistent. He never got the sag ever again that every one love about first album
Yeah, it's funny.. my favorite Ed guitar tone is the first record.

I remember buying VHII on cassette tape and thinking his tone had "lost something".

Reactions: ccn
Yeah, it's funny.. my favorite Ed guitar tone is the first record.

I remember buying VHII on cassette tape and thinking his tone had "lost something".
He just went tighter abs I do get it . But that squish was cool . But fair warning he perfect the perfect right tone for Van Halen . I heard he had thrown in a tiny Marshall 1x12 to his rig to n that album in interviews . The tone on that album is my fav

He just went tighter abs I do get it . But that squish was cool . But fair warning he perfect the perfect right tone for Van Halen . I heard he had thrown in a tiny Marshall 1x12 to his rig to n that album in interviews . The tone on that album is my fav
I'm awaiting Gaustad's dissertation on Fair Warning..

Back