VH4 Pedal

xohod

so ive seen a couple of you say its a great sounding pedal, but not 100%(no pedal would be expected to). I was wondering if anyone has run the pedal into the clean side of the Herbert and what the results were. I thought it might get pretty close to having both, without actually having both.

so ive seen a couple of you say its a great sounding pedal, but not 100%(no pedal would be expected to). I was wondering if anyone has run the pedal into the clean side of the Herbert and what the results were. I thought it might get pretty close to having both, without actually having both.
Not a Herbert, but I've been meaning to try this anyway with my VH2 and your note made me finally do it.

I ran the VH4 pedal into the clean channel of my VH2. It sounds great. It definitely gets the essence of Channel 2 (which is supposed to be like the VH4 Channel 3).

Pedal was a little more compressed, less raw, but actually higher gain in similar setting with my channel 2.

I didn't spend a ton of time trying to EQ it to get the sounds to match just set them the same and played.

For reference: the Clean amp channel settings were where I normally play clean at about 1pm each (gain and tone), then put the Pedal tone and gain to match Channel 2 gain and tone settings. The only change was I had to take the presence down on the pedal and deep up to get it to sound decent otherwise the tone settings matched on channel 2 and pedal.

I don't know how the Herbert sounds different from the VH4, but the pedal should get you close to the VH4 without having to pay for a new amp.

Back