VH4 with different cabs

Les Zombie

i love my vh4 and since i got it ive always used my trusty uberkab, i think it sounds great with most of my amps and its my favorite cab ive ever owned.

but i also wondered what other cabs would sounds great with it and i tried my recto cab and it was ok but i liked the uberkab alot better.

i also own the evh cab and it is a perfect match for my 5153, im pretty sure these cabs are loaded with evh labeled heritage greenbacks or something close to it. so i tried it with the vh4 earlier and i was thinking i was gonna hate it but i ended up really impressed, i think the vh4 and greenbacks that are in the evh cab sound great together. i had the cab listed on craigslist because im gonna try and sell my 5153 and i figured i would dump the cab too.
im sure glad i decided to try it out because now im definately keeping my evh cab.

i know most people like to use a k100 diezel cab but i need to sell some stuff and make room before i buy another cab, i already have 3 cabs in my guitar room and dont have space for a 4th cab. at some point in time i will get the diezel cab.

so im curious if anybody else is using a uberkab, greenback or evh cab with their vh4 and if you like it???

I'm using my Uberkab X patt with my VH4 and sounds amazing. I luv it.
I wanna try the VH4 with a Mesa traditional cab. I would like to buy one actually.

Used it through 3 types of cabs:
UberKab loaded with 75s and 30s in an X pattern.
V30 RL Diezel 412
G12K100 FL Diezel 412

The FL G12K is by far my fave, but hey, personal preference is, well, personal :yes:

Mo

I think its cool who the vh4 sounds great with so many different speakers and cabs, just another reason to love this amp.

I tried my uber and herbert with the greenbacks and hated it, i dont think the lows sounded very good. I will stick with a v30 cab or uberkab with those amps.

I used to have a splawn 4x12 loaded with k100 and v30 but i sold it, i didnt like it as much as the other cabs i own. I was really trying to make it work with the herbert because it had the k100 but i kept going back to the uberkab.

I mostly used that cab with a nitro i owned that had kt88, it sounded great together, must have been the k100.

Its either a 90's oversized Mesa SS, SF with the old V30's or the new Germany made FL G12K100 4X12 for me.

I have always wanted to try a Uberkab just never picked up one.......yet.

I recently picked up a vh4 with a matching FL G12K100 cab and it sounds great but I have a FL v30 cab also.
I'm thinking of mixing the two cabs in an x pattern. Anyone do this? How can I be sure to get the Phase correct?
I seriously can't decide which I like better so I thought mixing would be a good idea.

Using VHT Fat Bottoms cabs one slant, one straight cab. AWESOME!!!

Every time we sound check I just smile!! I keep the VH4 in the trailer and with the cabs for shows and when we break here in December my basement will be blessed again with the VH4 and VHT cabs to tweak and record.

BOTF!!!

Back