VH4S preamp tubes

gibson08

Hello Everyone! I think its time to swap out some preamp tubes in my VH4S, I had traded out the power tubes a while back, put in 6L6gc winged =c= tubes if it matters, I just want to freshen up the preamp section and would like channel one to be a bit more loose, glassy and for channel 2 to have a little more gain if those items are possible? If not then just recommend tubes and positions. Thanks in advance for the help and always :rock:

Normal is:
ruby 12ax7ac5 HG+ v1,v2
ruby 12ax7ac5 HG rest of position.

you can try also Sowtek 12ax7wa in v1,v2..or tungsol..but someone more experienced than me can help you better
finding the tone you are looking for. :)

bronz79":1lanh85m said:
Normal is:
ruby 12ax7ac5 HG+ v1,v2

you can try also Sowtek 12ax7wa in v1,v2..or tungsol..but someone more experienced than me can help you better

This :thumbsup:

Some other tubes will have different effects. IMO the tung sol is crunchy but a wee bit noisy. The above suggestions are what we feel is best suited for our amps.

Duolos":3se441qa said:
bronz79":3se441qa said:
Normal is:
ruby 12ax7ac5 HG+ v1,v2

This :thumbsup:

Some other tubes will have different effects. IMO the tung sol is crunchy but a wee bit noisy. The above suggestions are what we feel is best suited for our amps.

The new Ruby 12ax7ac7? :scared:

Back