VHX Updates

There would be soon a beta whit the following changes already implemented and more to go:

Rotary effect
Dual Delay
New Delays (Digital, Analog, Tape)
New Reverbs (Plate, Room, Hall, Spring)
Reverb and Delay tails with global setting
CC after PC sent fast fix (CC might happen before PC bug)
CC96 PC + 1
CC97 PC - 1
Increase tuner sesibility for clean channel
CC7 Now controls the master volume, can't increase just reduce for better with pedals
CC5 Tap Tempo Delay B
CC37 Toggle Delay B
CC38 Toggle Rotary
CC65 Delay B Level
Pitch Shift POLY replaced with CAPO: Sounds better for transposing distorted tone
All Pitch Shif algo has half latency

Thank you!
Leo
Thanks a lot Leo,

Tuner works quite perfect for me now on clean channel
I like the Plate reverb + the delay variations

would you consider to have a low&high cut in the GEQ next release?

all the best

Thanks a lot Leo,

Tuner works quite perfect for me now on clean channel
I like the Plate reverb + the delay variations

would you consider to have a low&high cut in the GEQ next release?

all the best
Thank you! There will be a new PEQ effect so LP and HP may end up there!

My question is, will the VHX get to the point where I no longer need an external effects unit like an FM3 because the VHX has it all? Will more and more effects keep getting added so eventually I can just take this to to gig with a MIDI controller?

My question is, will the VHX get to the point where I no longer need an external effects unit like an FM3 because the VHX has it all? Will more and more effects keep getting added so eventually I can just take this to to gig with a MIDI controller?
Depending on the effects you use, if you need guitar input effects (booster, OD etc.) Or stereo effects you would need additional fx unit.

Otherwise VHX may be (depending on use case) already at the point to be used alone even for more complex scenario.

Depending on the effects you use, if you need guitar input effects (booster, OD etc.) Or stereo effects you would need additional fx unit.

Otherwise VHX may be (depending on use case) already at the point to be used alone even for more complex scenario.
Thanks, Leo! I don’t use boosts, ODs or Stereo effects so it sounds like I will probably be set with the on board VHX effects.

I’m looking forward to seeing that editor software someday!

There would be soon a beta whit the following changes already implemented and more to go:

Rotary effect
Dual Delay
New Delays (Digital, Analog, Tape)
New Reverbs (Plate, Room, Hall, Spring)
Reverb and Delay tails with global setting
CC after PC sent fast fix (CC might happen before PC bug)
CC96 PC + 1
CC97 PC - 1
Increase tuner sesibility for clean channel
CC7 Now controls the master volume, can't increase just reduce for better with pedals
CC5 Tap Tempo Delay B
CC37 Toggle Delay B
CC38 Toggle Rotary
CC65 Delay B Level
Pitch Shift POLY replaced with CAPO: Sounds better for transposing distorted tone
All Pitch Shif algo has half latency

Thank you!
Leo
Hi Peter, i'm replying to an old post. I am a very happy Diezel VH4 user for over 25 yeaers already, (amp number 114) still running my main rig. I use this with a TC-Electronics G-Force for the effects in a 3 way system (with Ernst Fliek Traveller Power Amp for the effects). I'm thinking about downsizing and buying a VHX. I like to know what effects are in the VHX. Is it equiped with eg. reverbs and delays from well known brands (Eventide, other ones), or your own brand of effects, is the pitch shifter an intelligent pitch shifter, ... i am very curious about the effects. Also which power tubes can be uesd, EL34, 6L6, KT88, ... hope to hear from you soon, Cheers Han!

Hi Peter, i'm replying to an old post. I am a very happy Diezel VH4 user for over 25 yeaers already, (amp number 114) still running my main rig. I use this with a TC-Electronics G-Force for the effects in a 3 way system (with Ernst Fliek Traveller Power Amp for the effects). I'm thinking about downsizing and buying a VHX. I like to know what effects are in the VHX. Is it equiped with eg. reverbs and delays from well known brands (Eventide, other ones), or your own brand of effects, is the pitch shifter an intelligent pitch shifter, ... i am very curious about the effects. Also which power tubes can be uesd, EL34, 6L6, KT88, ... hope to hear from you soon, Cheers Han!
Thank you for such a long involvment!

As power tube with VHX you can use the same as VH4, so EL34, 6L6 and KT77. KT88 and 6550 are not reccomended.

Effects are developed in house and you can check for all effect and capabilities below:
https://www.diezelamplification.com/manuals/en/VHX_OM_4_12_C.pdf

New firmware (5.02) will be released this week and will add PEQ, time subdivisions, and some other more functionalities.

Pitch shifter is can have quad voices, capo and Whammy mode, but not an Harmonizer or intelligent mode yet.

Thank you! Leo!

As power tube with VHX you can use the same as VH4, so EL34, 6L6 and KT77. KT88 and 6550 are not reccomended.

Effects are developed in house and you can check for all effect and capabilities below:

New firmware (5.02) will be released this week and will add PEQ, time subdivisions, and some other more functionalities.

Pitch shifter is can have quad voices, capo and Whammy mode, but not an Harmonizer or intelligent mode yet.

Thank you! Leo!
ok, thanks for your fast reply Leo. you mention not intelligent mode yet, so i assume that is in development ... and do you have a goal / date when it will be ready, functional and updated? Cheers Han!

Maybe a dumb idea but here goes... how cool would it be if you added some overdrive's to the preloop if folks want to try some out.

I always boost my VHX with a Centavo or Precision Drive and it really produces great results. I find the Diezel's love those two pedals.

:)

ok, thanks for your fast reply Leo. you mention not intelligent mode yet, so i assume that is in development ... and do you have a goal / date when it will be ready, functional and updated? Cheers Han!
Unfortunately there is not a release date planned, but it's near on the list of the TODO's!

Maybe a dumb idea but here goes... how cool would it be if you added some overdrive's to the preloop if folks want to try some out.

I always boost my VHX with a Centavo or Precision Drive and it really produces great results. I find the Diezel's love those two pedals.

:)
The preloop is actually fully analog and releay based, so we could not add anything digitally to it!

Thank you! Leo!

+1 for the intelligent harmonizer.

I got my brand new VHX two weeks ago and i love it so far! I sold my kemper and i dont look back, but i do miss some of the convieniences it offered. Only 1 cable on stage and all effects available via remote, that was great! So tidy.... I dont like cables.

At this point i went back to have 5 cables on Stage. Midi, 2x Wahpedal, 2x Multieffect to loop send&return... which feels like 2 steps back in that regard. I need a separate wah, because of auto engage feature. The midi-multieffect (Line6 hd500x) for the intelligent harmonizer and midi control.

I hope you will add both features in future updates. My dream: Using Autoengage Wah function via expression pedal hooked to the new bluetooth capable diezel midi-floorboard = no cables on stage anymore :)

I really look forward to this weeks new update you mentioned!

Team Diezel - thank you so much!

Sure, Please find below:

MANUAL:
https://www.diezelamplification.com/manuals/en/VHX_OM_5_04.pdf

#5.00
ADD PEQ effect with 2 completely customizable filter, please use with caution as it can shape the sound greatly
Faster Preset Manager and possibly remove slowdown bug
Adjusted GAIN pot range
ADD DELETE On Preset Manager (Long Press)
Fix CC Output Master Volume on Startup
IR Count increased to 24
ADD SAW/SINE selection to Chorus
ADD Modulation for all delays
Add Delay subdivision
Delays LEVEL to Log taper
Global Master attenuation range is now -20db/+3db instead of -10db/+3db
Better Tuner response
Better Tuner visibility
ADD VOICE CC (#10, VALUES 0 to 3)
ADD BRIGHT CC (#11, VALUES 0 to 1)
ADD SHAPE CC (#12, VALUES 0 to 2)
ADD DELAY A FEEDBACK CC (#66, VALUES 0 to 127)
ADD DELAY B FEEDBACK CC (#67, VALUES 0 to 127)
ADD LOOP A SEND LEVEL CC (#70, VALUES 0 to 127)
ADD LOOP B SEND LEVEL CC (#71, VALUES 0 to 127)
Add MODE COLORED dot to STORE TO in case of preset name different than EMPTY (To not override)
IMPORTANT: REMOVE Back from the effect screen to make room for additional parameter, to go back now simply press the effect name. To deactivate the effect long press on the effect name or rotate the relative knob. FX Icon has changed to BACK icon.
New Manual will follow the official release.

#5.04
Fixed Chorus SPEED
Fixed Delay Subdivision
Fixed Offset on STORE to, added the color to every preset regardless of the name
ADD subdivision to tremolo
Unify SHELF and PEAK INTO BELL and use GAIN in decibel from -12 to +12 also for SHELFS
Fixed Tuner AUTO ON OFF Description
Remove Shape and Bright from CC if channel is not right
IR is now alphanumerical order

Sure, Please find below:

MANUAL:
https://www.diezelamplification.com/manuals/en/VHX_OM_5_04.pdf

#5.00
ADD PEQ effect with 2 completely customizable filter, please use with caution as it can shape the sound greatly
Faster Preset Manager and possibly remove slowdown bug
Adjusted GAIN pot range
ADD DELETE On Preset Manager (Long Press)
Fix CC Output Master Volume on Startup
IR Count increased to 24
ADD SAW/SINE selection to Chorus
ADD Modulation for all delays
Add Delay subdivision
Delays LEVEL to Log taper
Global Master attenuation range is now -20db/+3db instead of -10db/+3db
Better Tuner response
Better Tuner visibility
ADD VOICE CC (#10, VALUES 0 to 3)
ADD BRIGHT CC (#11, VALUES 0 to 1)
ADD SHAPE CC (#12, VALUES 0 to 2)
ADD DELAY A FEEDBACK CC (#66, VALUES 0 to 127)
ADD DELAY B FEEDBACK CC (#67, VALUES 0 to 127)
ADD LOOP A SEND LEVEL CC (#70, VALUES 0 to 127)
ADD LOOP B SEND LEVEL CC (#71, VALUES 0 to 127)
Add MODE COLORED dot to STORE TO in case of preset name different than EMPTY (To not override)
IMPORTANT: REMOVE Back from the effect screen to make room for additional parameter, to go back now simply press the effect name. To deactivate the effect long press on the effect name or rotate the relative knob. FX Icon has changed to BACK icon.
New Manual will follow the official release.

#5.04
Fixed Chorus SPEED
Fixed Delay Subdivision
Fixed Offset on STORE to, added the color to every preset regardless of the name
ADD subdivision to tremolo
Unify SHELF and PEAK INTO BELL and use GAIN in decibel from -12 to +12 also for SHELFS
Fixed Tuner AUTO ON OFF Description
Remove Shape and Bright from CC if channel is not right
IR is now alphanumerical order
Hi Leo,
Just to Clarify in OS 5.04,
1. Delay Level is only Log Taper, and not switchable to Linear?
2. Adjusted Gain Pot Range is set, and is not defeatable to 4.12 setting?

Hi Leo,
Just to Clarify in OS 5.04,
1. Delay Level is only Log Taper, and not switchable to Linear?
2. Adjusted Gain Pot Range is set, and is not defeatable to 4.12 setting?

2. Is back to 4.12 due to most beta users liked it better

1. I will check in the morning, I don't recall if it's back to linear as well!

Back