Vintage Classic

Ampaddict":eq78vp69 said:
rareguitar":eq78vp69 said:
Rick makes killer amps!

Very true! One of my best amps and my soundmans fave amp I bring is my Metal.

I spoke with Rick Monday from New Zealand on tour and he said he plans to reissue the metal when he gets off the road. I am going to hook up with him in Canada this Spring! Talented dude.

Ampaddict":1bzbqqzc said:
Checking out a Vintage Classic today!
Cool, is this the new model with the MV on the back? Since we both got the Metal I really would like to hear the difference, Todd.

rocker":2bqqdil5 said:
Ampaddict":2bqqdil5 said:
Cool, is this the new model with the MV on the back? Since we both got the Metal I really would like to hear the difference, Todd.

I'll let you know what i think. Nice pic of you and Angus?! :thumbsup:

Ampaddict":31bvkbf6 said:
rocker":31bvkbf6 said:
Ampaddict":31bvkbf6 said:

I'll let you know what i think. Nice pic of you and Angus?! :thumbsup:
Thanks Todd. Yeah the pic is great and so is he. :rock:

Ampaddict":u5tk3mfa said:
Low volume "Barely On"... Can't wait to crank it up tomorrow when the kids are gone.

[

best master volume of the wizards... that master freaking rocks, I have been most impressed. Rip it up tomorrow!
Josh

Josh or anyone- maybe you know what exactly the master is on the back? PPIMV? It works like an attenuator, very nice not to have to use one! :rock: This amp is super crunchy and cuts cuts cuts! Awesome!

Ampaddict":tk3zczf1 said:
Josh or anyone- maybe you know what exactly the master is on the back? PPIMV? It works like an attenuator, very nice not to have to use one! :rock: This amp is super crunchy and cuts cuts cuts! Awesome!

It was described to me as an output control and not really a master... Take it as that. I probe as much as I can. I will email rick and find out what I can!
Josh

:rawk: HELL YEAH! the Vintage Classic sounds like it brings it. Nice clips Todd. So being the classic how would you desribe the gain overall versus say the modern classic? Does this amp's differences from the moderns translate into any overall noticeable feel when playing? What speakers were in the cab on the clips ? :)

Hollywood":30frps9y said:
:rawk: HELL YEAH! the Vintage Classic sounds like it brings it. Nice clips Todd. So being the classic how would you desribe the gain overall versus say the modern classic? Does this amp's differences from the moderns translate into any overall noticeable feel when playing? What speakers were in the cab on the clips ? :)

my mind is on another amp right now Hollywood! :LOL: :LOL: Thanks again that blonde kills!

Its like the Modern Classic with the gain on 2 or 3. Sort of.... It reminds me of my non master volume Marshalls especially my '69 Plexi. You gotta work for it! It sounds gainier than it feels. Especially if your listening and not playing!
The cab is my Recto Standard w/ V30's and 65's. Bet this amp would be better in the Greenback cabs though.

:thumbsup: Glad you like the Casper colored amp I sent ya. I at last decided to share. :confused: :yes: Oh, and also buy myself another new amp also. :LOL: :LOL:

Sounds awesome...Keep 'em coming please.. I just played my MC thru a Blackstar 2x12 made of MDF and Celestion 70/80's and it still kicked ass.. The Wizard is no way near as sensitive to cabs as my old SLO was. ;)

Back