Voodoo Modded 2010 3 Channel Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier

lolzgreg

Trace,

Just recently looking into your stuff for the first time. I hear a lot of nice things about your work and had a few recommendations.

Since the new 2010 Dual Rectifiers will be out in the next few weeks, do you plan on carrying them and having them pre-modded for sale?

I have a two-channel rackmount dual rectifier that I had fitted with Mercury Magnetics trannys (according to Mercury, I am the only person in the world who owns an upgraded rackmount recto, since they did not have blueprints of the transformers and needed mine to make new ones), and I honestly didn't hear the same difference in tonality that I did when I upgraded my Peavey Windsor or Peavey 5150. I assume that Randall Smith is using better quality transformers in his amplifiers than Hartley Peavey at this point. I also THINK that the transformers are a big part of the rectifier character.

Is the standard mod really enough to unleash the potential of the Dual Rectifier in your opinion?

Thanks,

-Greg

Yes we can sell you a brand new 3-channel Dual Rectifier that is Modified. The older 2-channel rack mount Dual Rectos did have cool transformers but they are different than the 3-channel Dual Rectos. Which transformers did you put in the rack mount Recto? We have our Mesa transformers custom made for us.

Happy New Year!
Trace

I had custom Mercury Magnetics clones put in there.

I think I'm going to get the amp stock, address anything that I dislike, and drive up to you and do a mod-while-you-wait deal, if necessary.

Thanks Trace!

Back