Wampler Dual Fusion Overdrive....

Pete, you must have collected over 200 pedals by now... considering you make them all sound good (proving it is in the hands), which 3 overdrives, stand alone disto boxes, modeller types (Axe,kemper, the all analog box), and speakers and delays currently sit a top of your preference list? Is it too loaded of a question to ask here?

Disclaimer: not asking to pick any one favourite, just top 3 in no particular order.

Thanks!

Kapo_Polenton":2hpvtwm6 said:
Pete, you must have collected over 200 pedals by now... considering you make them all sound good (proving it is in the hands), which 3 overdrives, stand alone disto boxes, modeller types (Axe,kemper, the all analog box), and speakers and delays currently sit a top of your preference list? Is it too loaded of a question to ask here?

Disclaimer: not asking to pick any one favourite, just top 3 in no particular order.

Thanks!

Totally good question I think! Overdrives.... These days my favs are the XTS Precision, KOT (it's AWESOME), Bogner Blue, and I like the Koko boost to kick the front of an amp into overdrive. I like my old Eternity and Abunai 2 lots as well.

Distortions- the CM Plexitone, XTS Atomic OD, Bogner Red.... hard to go wrong with those. The Riot is good too!

Modelers- Axe FX2. Have not yet tried the Kemper. I'm sure it's good though, there's enough out there clip-wise that you can just tell.

Speakers- I've been experimenting with the Austin Speakerworks speakers. I really dig their KTS 60 and 70. Scums, and Weber Legacies, i've used for years, the M75 types. The good ol Celestion Greenback and V30 are really good speakers for most applications. I don't really have a favorite right now- there's lots of "shades of good" out there, no speaker is right for every tone with every amp. Very dependent on the amp, guitar, and style you are playing.

Delays- for my tour rig, I can get all of what i need out of my Timeline, really. But the El Cap is another fav, I use on my small board... and that new Echophonic Jr. is stellar in front of a plexi- so it depends on what I'm doing.

Just bought a Dual Fusion a few weeks ago for my grab & go combo rig and I'm really diggin' it. Thanks for the demo Pete! :rock:

petethorn":3pd0asvc said:
Kapo_Polenton":3pd0asvc said:

Thanks!

Totally good question I think! Overdrives.... These days my favs are the XTS Precision, KOT (it's AWESOME), Bogner Blue, and I like the Koko boost to kick the front of an amp into overdrive. I like my old Eternity and Abunai 2 lots as well.

Distortions- the CM Plexitone, XTS Atomic OD, Bogner Red.... hard to go wrong with those. The Riot is good too!

Modelers- Axe FX2. Have not yet tried the Kemper. I'm sure it's good though, there's enough out there clip-wise that you can just tell.

Speakers- I've been experimenting with the Austin Speakerworks speakers. I really dig their KTS 60 and 70. Scums, and Weber Legacies, i've used for years, the M75 types. The good ol Celestion Greenback and V30 are really good speakers for most applications. I don't really have a favorite right now- there's lots of "shades of good" out there, no speaker is right for every tone with every amp. Very dependent on the amp, guitar, and style you are playing.

Delays- for my tour rig, I can get all of what i need out of my Timeline, really. But the El Cap is another fav, I use on my small board... and that new Echophonic Jr. is stellar in front of a plexi- so it depends on what I'm doing.
:thumbsup: I love the KOT , and the Bogner Red and they stack well together as well.

Back