Waza boost

I like the idea but I've never really considered any of those units for their preamp boost or coloration .. I feel this might be a bit of a miss.

Not necessarily if it's combined with another pedal. It's so common to double boost that using a pedal like this would produce a circuit not offered in other applications.

Wish this was a super high-quality preamp/boost with lows/mids/highs and a mid-sweep that stayed within the usable range throughout the whole knob's sweep, so you can really dial your sweet spot easily. Also I would want buffered/true-bypass.

What they actually did with this model leaves me very uninterested. In fact I feel a bit teased by it's name.

Recreations of old preamps are very in vogue right now. A lot of pedal enthusiasts are looking for secret sauce" pedals - non-transparent "clean" boosts that impart their own sound.

This is Boss's entry into that field. I know Frusciante fans are big on this one, because the CE-1 preamp is a signature part of his sound.

I'd consider this pedal, but it's just too expensive. I really like the sounds from this demo:

Im going to put one up for sale soon, box and all for those that care. For my rig Im sticking with a Koko and Wampler Triumph.

These interest me, but I already use an EP preamp type pedal and feel it might be a little redundant?

Back