We really shouldnt ask Dave questions about his clients gear

Laars

Hey Guys,
I'm a nobody who happens to have great friends that are somebodys...... I'm probably gonna get HAMMERED for this, but I think someone should point this out.

Its none of my business what you guys post or ask, but you might want to think about this one.

When someone is allowed into those circles, (EV, sStevens, bGibbons, gLynch) they can't just blurp out things about what is going on, or what these guys are using and how. At least not in some of those camps anyway.

Asking Dave questions about Eds gear and amps, in reality puts him in a very difficult position. I don't know Dave at all, but I know people who are lucky enough to be in that circle.

Dave seems like a real nice person so he is not coming out and saying it, but if you read his responses to some of the questions we have been asking him, he is hinting at that nicely.

I think its cool that he does allow us to see some of the pedalboards and amp rigs of some of these guys....I'm still drooling over SStevens tour rig photos.

Its great to have a place like this, where we can ask guys like Dave Friedman, Trace Davis from Voodoo and others questions about there products......... I'd really hate to lose that.

Ok, so let the beatings on me begin..... :doh: :doh: :doh:

I don't think it's a problem at all really, Dave posts full rigs when he have permissions to do so, and that a few questions comes along is perfectly natural.
Dave also is straight-forward and have said no if he doesn't have" clearance" for certain things.
It's a non-issue if you ask me.

Just my opinion.

Isn't this Forum about what he does?

I think Dave has been pretty open about when and what he can, should or feels comfortable talking about and when he doesn't know he usually says so.

As long as people respect that then I would think all is good.

rgorke":canhxedw said:
Isn't this Forum about what he does?

I think Dave has been pretty open about when and what he can, should or feels comfortable talking about and when he doesn't know he usually says so.

As long as people respect that then I would think all is good.

EXACTLY!!!! :thumbsup:

This is the part thats important."As long as people respect that then I would think all is good"

Reading some of the things that have been asked lately, I don't think its actually happening. Sorry, but thats what I'm seeing anyway. Thats why I posted this........

I think its great that Dave shows us the custom pedal boards, and amp rigs.... I'm like a little kid when he posts those things.

Asking any of the vendor guys questions about there products is why they are here. Dave's custom pedal boards and amps are his products. Nothing wrong with that, just like you said, "isn't that what this forum is about"........ Sure, its about what they do and make. Not what there client is doing or how and why. (disclaimer: unless he volunters it)

Don't ask them what so and so has for settings on his MXR Phase 90 and is he using this amp as a pre-amp into dummy loads into this cab....blah blah blah......

Do you guys not see the difference?

Like I said, Its just my opinion.

Laars":3rhqpqgq said:
Do you guys see the difference?

Not really. And asking Dave about settings on a box EVH haven't used in years is hardly out of line.
In my opinion... :)

I of course see what you are saying, but I don't think it's an issue at all here.

Blix":29y4d82e said:
Laars":29y4d82e said:

Not really. And asking Dave about settings on a box EVH haven't used in years is hardly out of line.

I of course see what you are saying, but I don't think it's an issue at all here.

Hey, its all cool....

But actually it can be out of line asking it, and thats what I'm trying to explain here. To you and I what someone used in 1979 seems trivial, and why would they care if we were told the answer, but it may not seem trivial to some of his clients. These clients are how they make there money.

Laars":3jkhipem said:
Blix":3jkhipem said:
Laars":3jkhipem said:

Hey, its all cool....

But actually it can be out of line asking it, and thats what I'm trying to explain here. To you and I what someone used in 1979 seems trivial, and why would they care if we were told the answer, but it may not seem trivial to some of his clients. These clients are how they make there money.

I think we should let Dave decide what's out of line or not.
As I mentioned earlier, I don't think it's an issue at all here.

Dave have an active web presence and it's (IMO) perfectly natural that he will get a few rig-specific questions.

Demanding answers is something else, that's out of line.

Hopefully Dave will chime in on this. I demand he does! :D

Blix":yj26ylar said:
Laars":yj26ylar said:
Blix":yj26ylar said:
Laars":yj26ylar said:

I think we should let Dave decide what's out of line or not.
As I mentioned earlier, I don't think it's an issue at all here.

Dave have an active web presence and it's (IMO) perfectly natural that he will get a few rig-specific questions.

Demanding answers is something else, that's out of line.

Hopefully Dave will chime in on this. I demand he does! :D
Now thats funny!
Nice one....... :rock:

I can appreciate the concern but I think you're worried over nothing.

Dave's been in this business long enough to know what flys & what doesn't :thumbsup:

Guys its really not a big thing most of the time. Ask what you will and I will tell you what I can at least. Some camps are cool with anything and others are not. Everything is fine the way it is ask away.

RACKSYSTEMS":3171m5m3 said:
Guys its really not a big thing most of the time. Ask what you will and I will tell you what I can at least. Some camps are cool with anything and others are not. Everything is fine the way it is ask away.

It's just when you start denying that was you lighting Ed's cig, then all bets are off. :D

RACKSYSTEMS":1n2sey2t said:

Hey Dave,
Thats cool.... we have a good thing going here, and I didn't want to see it go away.....

RACKSYSTEMS":3egnbmre said:

Dave you can go ahead and show the guys my settings on my handwired Marshall head sitting next to your bench, you have my permission. :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

King Guitar":31avab47 said:
RACKSYSTEMS":31avab47 said:

Dave you can go ahead and show the guys my settings on my handwired Marshall head sitting next to your bench, you have my permission. :LOL: :LOL: :rock:
Well its about time!! I been asking Dave for months for the secret settings. :LOL: :LOL:

"Telling the truth can be dangerous business.....honest and popular don't go hand in hand...if you admit that can play the accordian.....no one will hire you in a rock and roll band."
.......Roger and Clark

I believe that says a lot.

Greg Riley":31prap5j said:
Laars..was you bored :yes: Or was this all just a smoke screen to get Brads secret settings :LOL: :LOL:

No, I don't want Brads secret settings :m17: Already got them :rawk: ...I must of been bored between our bands first and second set when I wrote that. The two strippers dancing in the front of the stage must have gave me memory loss........

... I really wanted to know what color tape Malcolm Young uses on stage, but I don't have anyone to ask.. :doh:

Its all good...... :rock:

Back