Weekend Mark IIc++ jams

I've really gone back & forth here over the years. In the bedroom I tend to prefer ++. In the band I definitely prefer boosted +. For recording, I'm somewhere between boosted + and ++. We committed to boosted + for this album and in hindsight ++ may have been a little thicker & greasier.
I just don’t like what ++ does to the underlying note clarity. That much compression doesn’t match the quality and attitude of the preamp design. Much prefer an externally boosted C+ over a C++.

With my mark III++ it lets me crank the presence more to get more of what III+ does without the presence cranked. The same is not true for IIC+ though.

I just don’t like what ++ does to the underlying note clarity. That much compression doesn’t match the quality and attitude of the preamp design. Much prefer an externally boosted C+ over a C++.

With my mark III++ it lets me crank the presence more to get more of what III+ does without the presence cranked. The same is not true for IIC+ though.
That’s so crazy. Proves different strokes! I previously had a C+ , but then acquired a red stripe III. It was better for metal BY FAR! Fast forward 10-12 years I and got the ++. I was literally blown away. THATS THE SOUND. Granted, all marks get close to that, but that last question mark in your mind gets answered unequivocally with the ++. Hyperbole?

Probably wind up doing it through Mesa oversized since I have the amp DIs. This was a Marshall vintage, which is brighter more scooped vs the Mesa 8 ohm V30. If that interests?

I agree with you, I think the IIc+'s sound better as well.

Probably wind up doing it through Mesa oversized since I have the amp DIs. This was a Marshall vintage, which is brighter more scooped vs the Mesa 8 ohm V30. If that interests?
Ya, i'd like to hear that amp with a Mesa cab. It sounds like this Marshall cab is a tad too bright for my taste. A little drop in the presence would help, maybe bump up the 750hz slider as well?? Sounds good though, don't get me wrong, it would probably sound great in a mix.

Ya, i'd like to hear that amp with a Mesa cab. It sounds like this Marshall cab is a tad too bright for my taste. A little drop in the presence would help, maybe bump up the 750hz slider as well?? Sounds good though, don't get me wrong, it would probably sound great in a mix.
Actually wound up doing that. Same audio settings and everything as it was the amp di. Just through Mesa cab this time. Naturally less scooped and less high end. The Marshall cabs are naturally bright and cut like a knife. The Mesa is a total classic though for a reason!

Back