Well, Adam Jones still has monster live tone

I wasn't able to catch them in Cleveland this tour, but have seen them several times before. The best show I saw of their's was at Ozzfest at the Akron Rubberbowl (doesn't exist anymore). It 'might' have been the AEnima tour. I recall seeing the Marshall and a Mesa Dual Rec, but not a Diezel.

Adam always had great sound, but barely moved any of the times I saw them. I recall reading somewhere way back he had sustained a serious leg injury which limits his motion. Could be rumor as I can't find anything online about it now.

FWIW I thought his best tone was during the Undertow tour running just the Marshall half stack. But to be fair, that songwriting also supported such a raw tone.

Last edited:
What exact year and model is Adams Marshall?

I don't remember the exact year, but probably early-to-mid '70s Super Bass that's been modded to Lead spec. Friedman says he serviced the amp once and shared the details somewhere. I think it's up on Wikipedia actually.

I don't remember the exact year, but probably early-to-mid '70s Super Bass that's been modded to Lead spec. Friedman says he serviced the amp once and shared the details somewhere. I think it's up on Wikipedia actually.
Ok cool 😎 thanks

It's somewhere between a SB and a SL. I'm pretty sure there is no 2n2 coupler on the Bright channel, still the 22n. Maybe other things but I remember it wasn't exactly SL-spec...just closer to a SL than a SB.

Adam always had great sound, but barely moved any of the times I saw them. I recall reading somewhere way back he had sustained a serious leg injury which limits his motion. Could be rumor as I can't find anything online about it now.
He's always just stood there, done his sig hair flip as he looks over to Danny or Justin (I bet those guys see that hair flip in the peripheral vision and know to look over). When you watch them you see this dance of each guy looking over to another bandmate and nodding as if they are guiding each other throughout. It's pretty cool...I know I'd get fucking lost.

I've seen this thread a few times one of my best friends the other day texted me and told me he has a new favorite band he said I guess they've been around awhile. Do you like Tool? it's a good thing he sent me that through a text or I would have rung his freaking neck if he would have said that to me in person LOL. The amount of disgust I had for him was ridiculous😡

Back