Went to buy an old LP Standard or SG and came home with an LP Classic

romanianreaper

If someone would have told me I'd come home with an LP Classic, I'd say they were crazy. My plan was to get a light guitar for gigs, along with my lighter Classic. I came home with a heavy Classic, lol.

I tried out an LP Modern and loved the playability and tones but didn't like the price and locking tuners. Looked at a 2008 Standard but didn't gel with it. Just didn't feel right. Played an SG Standard and didn't have thr reminiscent feel like I had from my old ones.

So I go to put one of the guitars back and another worker had just put a used 2021 Classic on the wall. So I grabbed it and played it and immediately knew I was fucked. It played and felt amazing but was a little hefty. It sounded so good I felt like I had to have it. It might even sound better than my 2019 Standard which is the best one in my collection.

I played a "The Paul" as well and loved it! Almost got that instead but this Classic smokes!

Congrats on scoring your Classic.

I have a ‘00 Trans Amber Classic Premium Plus that’s one of my best guitars in my 40+ guitar collection.

Here’s a pic

IMG_2336.jpeg

If someone would have told me I'd come home with an LP Classic, I'd say they were crazy. My plan was to get a light guitar for gigs, along with my lighter Classic. I came home with a heavy Classic, lol.

I tried out an LP Modern and loved the playability and tones but didn't like the price and locking tuners. Looked at a 2008 Standard but didn't gel with it. Just didn't feel right. Played an SG Standard and didn't have thr reminiscent feel like I had from my old ones.

So I go to put one of the guitars back and another worker had just put a used 2021 Classic on the wall. So I grabbed it and played it and immediately knew I was fucked. It played and felt amazing but was a little hefty. It sounded so good I felt like I had to have it. It might even sound better than my 2019 Standard which is the best one in my collection.

I played a "The Paul" as well and loved it! Almost got that instead but this Classic smokes!
Too funny... I just sold an LP Classic to buy the SG '61. You would have went home with the SG if it was set up!

Last edited:

Congrats for the new Classic! It is quite difficult to test certain preferred colors of Les Pauls in my area so I bought a ´21 or ´22 ebony LP Classic new from Thomann couple of years ago. It was so badly finished I sent it back and did not wait for Thomann to get new ones in stock due to everything being under a rock during the covid time. I really really wanted to keep it but for that price / finishing quality I just couldn’t justify it. I really like the ebony Classic model though. :)

Congrats for the new Classic! It is quite difficult to test certain preferred colors of Les Pauls in my area so I bought a ´21 or ´22 ebony LP Classic new from Thomann couple of years ago. It was so badly finished I sent it back and did not wait for Thomann to get new ones in stock due to everything being under a rock during the covid time. I really really wanted to keep it but for that price / finishing quality I just couldn’t justify it. I really like the ebony Classic model though. :)
The store had an ebony Classic! Yeah I've had those moments myself where something is ruined because the one I initially get is jacked up. To this day I've never owned another Jackson because I got one shipped that was chipped.

Holy crap dude....that is badass
First new guitar I ever bought, back in 02. Ran the racks, and this ugly beast was the best. I was nauseous the first time I marked it up, buckle rash. Now I appreciate all the Mojo. Which is what I named it way back, thus my user name.

Love my Silverburst Standard, too. Just put the BBPros back in it, and it's lovely. I listed it for sale a while back. Nothing but low ball and trade offers.
Kinda glad, cause I'm sure I'd regret letting it go.

Back