What’s your favorite speaker to pair with V30’s?

Only 75s or greenbacks . Not a fan much else let alone these . V30s are home base too
Ha well that’s exactly what I currently have - V30/75 in ubercab and v30/GB in a Stoneage. Kind of over the greenbacks though. Want something that’s a little sharper in the highs

I just did the V30 T75 cross in my Splawn cab and it slays. Only other one I tried and liked was the H30s. I never cared for the V30 GB cross, but the V30 H30 cross was legit.

Oh, I did use a V30 cab and a K100 cab in a stack once. The guitarist in my drummer's other band and I shuffled our rigs together at his house for practice and I used his cab with mine. I didn't mix them in the same cab, but I bet that combo would make my nipples hard.

My two favorites are Creamback 75's and Redbacks. Both are just as "loud" as the v30 and both compliment the v30 in my experiences thus far.

Redbacks add some thump, breadth and warmth, while still keeping things tight. Also has a great feel for such a high wattage speaker!

The Creambacks midrange sits in a different place than the v30's and I find they have more top end.

I don't mind the t75/v30 mix in an Uber cab, but I am maybe in the minority of guys who never ever really loved a greenback/v30 mix.

Oh, I did use a V30 cab and a K100 cab in a stack once. The guitarist in my drummer's other band and I shuffled our rigs together at his house for practice and I used his cab with mine. I didn't mix them in the same cab, but I bet that combo would make my nipples hard.
I like Redbacks and Creamback H75s

Also greenbacks like in Friedman cabs sounds pretty good too
My two favorites are Creamback 75's and Redbacks. Both are just as "loud" as the v30 and both compliment the v30 in my experiences thus far.

Redbacks add some thump, breadth and warmth, while still keeping things tight. Also has a great feel for such a high wattage speaker!

The Creambacks midrange sits in a different place than the v30's and I find they have more top end.

I don't mind the t75/v30 mix in an Uber cab, but I am maybe in the minority of guys who never ever really loved a greenback/v30 mix.

Man sounds like I need to try an H magnet speaker of some sort

With V30's, its greenies for me. Ive tried some other combos and was pissed that I wasted that money. Also I don't gig anymore, my results are solely based on how they record, so there's that for whatever its worth. V30's and Greenbacks seem to always work in a mix. Solid bottom, great mids and detail on top that's not harsh, plus low enough wattage to get that singing harmonic feedback at will..
just my 2 cents

I’ve never understood the love for v30/greenback mixes—the V30s completely overpower them IME. Hell I bring my greenback 4x12 when I need to keep volume low. My current fave is G12H30 top V30 bottom—all cut and KERRANG but I don’t chug.

I’ve got two 2x12’s each have V30/Creamback H75 mix, sounds pretty awesome in stereo and they balance really good like mentioned above but honestly I use my all Creamback H75 cab way more.

Blake have you tried the Marshall Vintage speakers? Much more sharp top end than (at least my Mesa 8 ohm) V30s.

I'm a big fan of V30/Redback combo. I had a 412 with Redbacks and a Mesa OS 412 with V30s, and both sounded great, but I traded 2 speakers between them and it was like leveling up both cabs. Also have a KSR 212 with the same combo. 3 cabs, same combo of speakers lol. So dumb. Anyway, I love Redbacks haha

Ha well that’s exactly what I currently have - V30/75 in ubercab and v30/GB in a Stoneage. Kind of over the greenbacks though. Want something that’s a little sharper in the highs
You definitely don’t want Redbacks then. Reds are dark, smooth, with big low mids and lows.
Awesome combo with V30’s, but not for sharper highs.
Either the 65 or 75 Creambacks have sharper highs I believe, can’t remember which.
Alnico Golds have killer sharp highs, but that’s a lot of mids mixed with V30’s.

You definitely don’t want Redbacks then. Reds are dark, smooth, with big low mids and lows.
Awesome combo with V30’s, but not for sharper highs.
Either the 65 or 75 Creambacks have sharper highs I believe, can’t remember which.
Alnico Golds have killer sharp highs, but that’s a lot of mids mixed with V30’s.
That’s what I’m hearing in the redback recordings online, but not discounting them because you never really know until you try it. Creamback 75s are kind of at the top of the running right now but also looking at some of the heritage H mag speakers

Following.

Don't have much to add. I prefer the no longer possible to get/discontinued WGS HM75 (75 "knockoff") x V30 over the G12T-75.

Not sure if it was the cheap as hell cab they were in but for me it sounded better than an uberkab and a VHT D412 which were side by side comparisons.

I have been thinking about this same thing though so, Following for the better replies.

Back