What albums have Cameron-mod'ed amps been used on?

Slayer. If I am not mistaken he modded several of the KK Marshalls. Doug Aldrich. Many more.

Five Finger Death Punch recently was using a Modern modded Marshall for the recording of the last record.

The Slayer stuff Mark did was for Kerry's tech and those heads were used during rehearsals during the Big 4 shows and subsequent tour with Gary Holt when he first joined up. I know there was a Zakk Wylde JCM800 Mark did a custom mod on that was used by Gary that he really liked at that time.

Unfortunatly due to Kerry's tech's unexpected passing Mark never did end up doing anything for the last Slayer record and I know a pre-pro spec CCV was requested by Kerry's tech. He kept trying to buy mine off of me once he saw the poor quality control issues and reliability of the production head. :LOL: :LOL:

EXPcustom":11rly6us said:
Five Finger Death Punch recently was using a Modern modded Marshall for the recording of the last record.

The Slayer stuff Mark did was for Kerry's tech and those heads were used during rehearsals during the Big 4 shows and subsequent tour with Gary Holt when he first joined up. I know there was a Zakk Wylde JCM800 Mark did a custom mod on that was used by Gary that he really liked at that time.

Unfortunatly due to Kerry's tech's unexpected passing Mark never did end up doing anything for the last Slayer record and I know a pre-pro spec CCV was requested by Kerry's tech. He kept trying to buy mine off of me once he saw the poor quality control issues and reliability of the production head. :LOL: :LOL:
I thought they were changing the name on the new amp to Kaiser Soze. It did make noise two months ago.

glip22":3knricv7 said:
I thought they were changing the name on the new amp to Kaiser Soze. It did make noise two months ago.

Don't be stealing my shit....if I ever see a Kaiser Sose mod, Mark owes me some money...since we don't speak anymore, that may present an issue :D

:LOL: :LOL:
jcj":3pjgclhh said:
glip22":3pjgclhh said:

Don't be stealing my shit....if I ever see a Kaiser Sose mod, Mark owes me some money...since we don't speak anymore, that may present an issue :D

bonedarrell":pzdiiy0z said:
rupe":pzdiiy0z said:
glip22":pzdiiy0z said:
Doug Aldrich.
Did he actually use one on an album? I thought a Suhr modded Marshall was his main amp?

Doug told me he never used or owned an amp modded by Cameron. He said John has done all of his mods....FYI.

I have a picture of Doug Aldrich's rack and it has a Standel prototype that was designed and hand wired by Mark and it had a 79 JMP that was actually Mark's with the Aldrich mod but he originally did that one for John Norum.

I will see if I can find it...

EXPcustom":3agmsdgw said:
bonedarrell":3agmsdgw said:
rupe":3agmsdgw said:
glip22":3agmsdgw said:
Doug Aldrich.
Did he actually use one on an album? I thought a Suhr modded Marshall was his main amp?

Doug told me he never used or owned an amp modded by Cameron. He said John has done all of his mods....FYI.

I have a picture of Doug Aldrich's rack and it has a Standel prototype that was designed and hand wired by Mark and it had a 79 JMP that was actually Mark's with the Aldrich mod but he originally did that one for John Norum.

I will see if I can find it...

I should clarify...he doesn't use or own Cameron modded Marshalls.

Here is a quote from Doug's website in 2004.....I must have misunderstood the "ever owned" part. During our conversation regarding Cameron, it didn't sound like he owned any anymore and that all of his Marshalls he plays through now and for a long time are all modded by John Suhr only. Doug acted a little, should I say "confused" about his name being associated with Cameron modded Marshalls. Notice in this statement that he used a '71 Marshall modded by Mark Cameron. Who knows what kind of mod it was?? Atomica, CCV, etc....He didn't say it was modded for him specifically. Doug is also a gear hound like the rest of us and pics up stuff here and there.

"Hey you guys, thanks for the questions about my gear. We will be getting my live rig on the site soon. It will be the same stuff I used on tour with Dio. For Whitesnake I am just changing some of the programed sounds and stuff, like the clean patch.

The amps are an 79 and 78 jmp Marshalls. They are moded by Custom Audio Electronics.
I also use a 71 super lead moded by Mark Cameron.

Recently I got a Standel amp the Mark did as well which sounds great too.

See ya and take care Doug"

Aldrich mod was actually a Norum mod, I think the people on the forums started referring to it as a "Aldrich" so it kind of stuck but the mods Doug used like that 78 JMP in his rack was what we today know as the "Aldrich". I think someone in Canada owns that actual amp now. The Standel was a pre-cursor to the CCV, all handwired no PCB. All this info I got from Mark directly. He even showed me the pics of the amps in Doug's rack, etc... and I even played through that 78 JMP when Mark still owned it after Doug gave it back to him. Mark loaned it to Doug for a short time.

I will find out what exactly that 71 is that he talks about.

Back