What Amps do you Regret Selling?

Had a Bogner Fish reissue that had the Cantrell mod, one the the best sounding high gain tones I’ve ever heard. Just couldn’t deal with lugging a big 100+ lb rack around anymore and it wasn’t very bedroom friendly haha. Sucks cause I know I’ll never find one of those again..

Attachments

• 20200108_191113.jpeg
    20200108_191113.jpeg
    853.5 KB · Views: 38
Had a Bogner Fish reissue that had the Cantrell mod, one the the best sounding high gain tones I’ve ever heard. Just couldn’t deal with lugging a big 100+ lb rack around anymore and it wasn’t very bedroom friendly haha. Sucks cause I know I’ll never find one of those again..
that white LPC is hot

It's "only" a preamp, but I regret selling my Sansamp PSA-1 the most.

Damned thing was a magic box for me. Used it for all sorts of mixing tricks on non-guitar / bass instruments via aux sends.

Mesa Mark IIB 100w head
Peavey 5150 sig
ENGL Powerball v1

I do miss the IIB. It must have been one of the later ones because it sounded pretty gained out and modern, close to a IIC+ but had its own thing going. I've since bought another 5150 sig which isn't going anywhere if I can help it. Selling the Powerball doesn't keep me up at night or anything but I had it for a few important, formative years and it would be nice to have back as a kind of memento of that period.

Too many but the ones I am positive were:

Bogner 100B serial 55 stolen from me
Purple Bogner modified jmp to blue channel
68 Plexi
Steavens Poundcake

The two that stick out:

1) 1992 Soldano SLO: best SLO I have played and one of the best amps I have owned or played. Liquid, effortless leads and absolutely massive, 3D kerrang at volume.

2) Mesa mkivA: Also had those liquid, effortless leads and also a great combination of chunk and tightness!

I think there are so many old Mark series amps regrets because of context: I bet most of these Mark 4's and 3's were bought when they could be had cheap and there were lots around!

My 93' Marshall SLP Cameron Modded Hi Gain / Lo Gain Jose. Missed it, that is until I got my Ground Zero MOAD. Still was a killer amp.

IMG_2077.jpeg

I don’t regret selling any of my amps as long as they went to good homes.
The Jack Fuck that bought my 2C+ and flipped it……….I’ll hold my words. 🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

1968 Plexi Superlead, about 100 sn from Ed’s. It was PRISTINE — still had the asbestos tube retainers and original preamp tubes. What an impatient idiot I am.

2004 Soldano SLO — just fat smoothness that made G12-65’s sing.

Regret selling my Cameron Jose, Cameron Aldrich, Friedman Kitchen Sink, and 90's SLO.

Also regret selling a bunch of vintage pedals like an Ibanez Flanger, original TS808, etc. Ugh lol.

Back