What ever happened to the Egnater JTM module?

bduersch

Guess the subject line is pretty self-explanatory... the JTM existed as a single-channel module, never made it to dual-channel. Any hunches as to why? Anybody still own/use one of 'em?

Wonder if it'd be possible to get a new JTM module, now that Bruce & crew are selling single channel modules once again?

--B

Hey B,

How's it goin' dude? You might remember from WAY back that my first set of mods with one of the first M4s ever made was DLX, JTM, Plexi and EG3 & EG4. It was a cool sounding module, but a hard one to dial in sometimes. The low end was real touchy and it had some bight. I think they probably stopped making it (and the Plexi) because there really wasn't that much difference between it and the Plexi and the SL. Plus there were Randall versions available. If you think about it thats three different mid gain Marshall models and kind of redundant. I found the Plexi to cover that territory with no problem. In truth I think the Egnater SL single channel is probably the most versatile, best sounding all around module ever made. My dual SL would come in second.

Nice auction by the way, I'm watching those sucka's!

Back