What guitar are you playing today?

IMG_5755.jpeg

this morning I decided to give the "Infinity Blue" a little work out, it's been a while since I played this one
I was quickly reminded how fast the neck is on this one.
Suhr Aldrich in the bridge with a push/pull pot and a 1'4 pounder in the neck. I gigged this guitar a lot last year , but my 2 Japanese
soloists seem to have taken over the H/S/S spot on the rotation lately
IMG_5164.jpg

Too many killer guitars all through this thread!

I’ve been playing this tele partscaster I put together today and just about every day:

IMG_3749.jpeg

Chambered alder body with a swamp ash top, double bound - really lightweight. All nickel hardware, Fatpups Freedom ‘55 pickups woth a slightly overwound bridge which fattens things up nicely on this bright and snappy body and still sounds plenty like a traditional tele. Very impressed with these pickups.

Parklane neck with the narrow 1 5/8” nut and medium c profile - a great combo. I also got one of his strat necks with a bit wider nut and the same profile but don’t like it nearly as much. With the wider nut it just feels like too much shoulder for my preference. This one is a keeper though.

Today it's what has become my main gigging H/S/S since I "souped " it up
a 94 Jackson SL3. This model was not all that well received when released , probably due to the cheap ass 580_LP trem and no binding
on the neck ( a no no with Jackson enthusiasts). I picked this up last year for pretty short money just to give it a try. Well the neck shape on it was so close to my USA SL-1 that I decided to upgrade it it a bit. I dropped in a real Made in German Floyd an OFR R2 nut (r3 that it came with was too close to the edge of the frets) dropped in a push /pull pot a Duncan Custom 5/Classic Stack +/ quarter pound and now it's one of my favorite guitars. It's also one of my heaviest , definitely not alder, either Poplar or Basswood, but it sounds fantastic. The the later year models actually came with the Floyd 1000 but those seem to be harder to find. Any way I highly recommend anyone who likes their USA Jackson soloists and would like a beater version of it to look one of these these up.
I was really surprised at how well it plays, we compared this one after it's upgrades to the new SL3's at a shop near me and even with the upgrades I'm into this for less than 1/2 of what one of the new ones go for, and we really couldn't feel much of a difference in playability between the 2 ( and with my new pickups in there , we liked the way mine sounded better)
with Mark IV.jpg

Today I'm going 7, RG752-CBM with a peagasus/Liquifire combo and red bishop arm. the neck on this one has a profile like an old Green dot Universe, vey fast, much thinner than the neck on my 752Ahm :)
752 mark IV.jpg

Back