What happened to Bob Bradshaw

MetalJim

Hi guys I have a CAE3+ preamp purple edition early edition that I want to send it to Bob bradshaw, last year we exchange a few emails, but now he is not asnwering emails since like december, is he still in bussiness? Any of you have an idea?

I know he’s had email troubles in the past. Search through the CAE Facebook page and you should be able to find his backup email account. May want to try that.

Last edited:
What are you looking to have done to the preamp? Mods? I don't think Bob typically did amp stuff himself, and it's been years since Martin Golub (RIP) was working at CAE.

He was active last year late into the year,then email virus or problems or something near end of year.He put out a new rack interface last year so he was definitely busy.As said,check his fb page for contact.

He’s around on his Facebook group. He also pops in on the big rack group that migrated to Facebook when they lost their forum.

I’d also recommend reaching out to Suhr instead.

Jim, do yourself and avoid Bob if you can.... He is famous for taking many many months to do things and then gets pissed when you give him shit for it. I bought a new rack interface from him and was going to have him wire up and program one of my racks with his new interface as the brains. Supposed to be about a month, was going to drive to his place, since he's only a few hrs away. 4 months later and the interface still wasnt built. Needless to say he never did the rack but did send me the rack unit. I have never even turned it on. If you do some searching theres a lot of posts about that happening. Much better off contacting Suhr as Matt mentioned. He'll be up front and honest with you if he wants to do it or not.

Thanks guys for telling the bad reputation about him, I did not knew this, let me send an email to the suhr guys, to see if they can help me with my preamp.

Yeah, John himself is the guy for these if he still wants to work on them. Unless you´re in Europe, where Bruno is kinda the guy instead. But if it´s just maintenance or something any decent tech can do it, these aren´t exactly complicated pieces.

Speculation- when Bob moved to Pennsylvania it was at the urging of the former Live guitarist, Chad Taylor, who Bob stayed with when he first moved out there. Chad owns/co-owns a music store and production rehearsal studios which is where Bob set up shop. I’d have to think it’s a rather precarious situation because it seems Chad gets himself in some financial crazy shit on the regular, as evident by this story Rolling Stone did a couple years ago.

It’s a long read but I found it worth it, crazy shit and I always thought the singer was doing the stereotypical “I’m the singer, pay me the money” thing but I get the idea that dude knows any time he’s around the OG band members, it’s going to cost him money.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/live-alt-rock-band-crime-lawsuits-1234677011/

Speculation- when Bob moved to Pennsylvania it was at the urging of the former Live guitarist, Chad Taylor, who Bob stayed with when he first moved out there. Chad owns/co-owns a music store and production rehearsal studios which is where Bob set up shop. I’d have to think it’s a rather precarious situation because it seems Chad gets himself in some financial crazy shit on the regular, as evident by this story Rolling Stone did a couple years ago.

It’s a long read but I found it worth it, crazy shit and I always thought the singer was doing the stereotypical “I’m the singer, pay me the money” thing but I get the idea that dude knows any time he’s around the OG band members, it’s going to cost him money.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/live-alt-rock-band-crime-lawsuits-1234677011/
I read that and just felt glad that I didn’t know any of them or have anything to do with any of them….😂

Oh, and please dont take my post as typical bashing someone ..he sucks..kinda thing. I had heard the rumors about his behavior but hadnt heard much since he moved to PA. When I spoke to him it went great, and he seemed excited almost to show off his place, as its this huge facility for working musicians. We had arranged that when the interface was built I was driving out with the family, dropping them off in Lancaster to shop, and I would spend the day with Bob doing the rig, then going back to the family and spending the weekend before coming home. He was even giving me some places to check out around his area. I was kinda psyched and thought cool, he got his shit together. Then one month turned two..ect. Great communication turned sporadic and well...the end result. I dont like "bashing" people but if I have a shitty experience I will tell everyone about though.

That's a bummer things didn't go well for some with Bob.Im sure it's frustrating however I'm fairly confident there's some logical reason behind it maybe.
I've had 180° the opposite experience with him tho.Nothing but perfect transactions and communication. I'm on my 5th complete CAE rig/ interface build since the early 90s and all is good.I trust Bob with all my switching needs.
Anyways,as said,John Suhr or maybe some other qualified techs could check your cae3+ out if you can't get ahold of Bob.
It's a killer pre,worth getting fixed.

Back