What Heaven Sounds Like...

NS10Fan

just finished up the second gig with the new band I'm playing with, and came to the conclusion that for me, heaven sounds like one tele through a blackface princeton reverb on the right and another tele through an ac15 on the left. good god, dreamy.

what's heaven sound like to you? (I'll accept "currently" since this is rigtalk...)

My current band is getting pretty close... Gibson Explorer into a Mesa MK II C++ into two Marshall 1960BV cabs stage right (my singer) and My Moser super strats into a Splawn Quick Rod and Splawn 4x12 and 2x12 with Small Blocks Stage Left. Sometimes I run a Marshall 1960B with V30'S in place of the 2x12. My goal is to get another Splawn 2x12 and another Splawn 4x12.

i dunno about heaven yet

but i did an experiment this past sunday, by placing my arc furnace OD pedal, in boost mode only, in front of my tc flashback X4 on the ep-3 toneprint, as a sort of preamp-into-delay chain ala ep-pre/clinch/badgerplex dealio trying to mimic the input preamp of an echoplex.

i had been wrestling with the x4 switching a toneprint i downloaded in slot 1 back to the factory default, but after updating the firmware, and adding the boost, it's a winning situation so far!
i stuck my iphone in a potted plant behind me on stage and hit record, but when i looked at the clip it was recorded sideways :D so i rotated it with the youtube editor, so it looks a bit low res but i kinda liked the tones-it starts with the x4 off, just the gforce doing delay/pitch/verb, then i add the x4 in front of the gforce at about :39 and it's all over the place from there:

i run my ibanez prestige 8 string into a booss 10 band eq into ans-2,then into my herbert then into a warhead cab with v30s and a randall cab with greenbacks.........brutal heaven

Great tones Pat!

What are you feelings on the W/D/W vs W/D debate? Do I really need 2 additional speakers or will my roland cube do the job for the wet?

As for the initial question....hmmm....getting there....heaven has g12h speakers somewhere....

Sick Michael":2ldn4788 said:
Great tones Pat!

What are you feelings on the W/D/W vs W/D debate? Do I really need 2 additional speakers or will my roland cube do the job for the wet?

As for the initial question....hmmm....getting there....heaven has g12h speakers somewhere....

I think it also depends what your effects are
Ping pong delays, micro pitch-shifting (+-), etc. will benefit from being in stereo

racerevlon":256cwrt2 said:
My current band is getting pretty close... Gibson Explorer into a Mesa MK II C++ into two Marshall 1960BV cabs stage right (my singer) and My Moser super strats into a Splawn Quick Rod and Splawn 4x12 and 2x12 with Small Blocks Stage Left. Sometimes I run a Marshall 1960B with V30'S in place of the 2x12. My goal is to get another Splawn 2x12 and another Splawn 4x12.
I'm looking into the 4x12/2x12 combo as well. Splawn of course.

W/D/W, Henning Cherry Bomb!

bomb_rig_1.jpg

bomb_rig_2.jpg

bomb_rig_3.jpg

Steve

Sick Michael":1od9ol5u said:
Great tones Pat!

im very happy with w/d for my needs, it translates better to the mono sound PA i play throigh, and it is so much clearer than mono fx loops rigs, i have a hard time with settling for anything less than w/d

from player position wdw is gorgeous, and can really suck you into the wormhole, but very tricky to nail in the house
best bet is start with dry cab level then just creep in the wets panned 9 and 3 until the goosebumps rise

Back