What impulse responses do you recommend?

chrisgr

I mainly play through bias fx and have tried a few ir's including york audio, 3 sigma, and ownhammer. Was wondering what you guys were using and if there were certain ones that might be worth checking out.

There’s a lot of great stuff out there, but for me the only stuff I use:

EAS studios IR’s: they have the clearest low end, and require the least eq by far of any IR’s I’ve used personally. Ed is a great dude as well, and is a wealth of Information. He gets all 4 speakers throughout the entire length of the speaker from dark to bright for every mic. They truly are the best of the best in my opinion.

Titan audio: expensive but worth it. The best Marshall IR’s out there and I trust Zach as much as anyone considering I know who he learned everything from and does a similar method. Huge low end, tight, and clear.

Josh Middletons IR’s: Josh has a great ear, and these are phenomenal. His mixed IR’s are about as ready to go as you can get, and he has a great ear. You’ll be hard pressed to find better and a more tone obsessed guy.

GGD Cali: great IR’s, Nolly has a wonderful ear too and this is the ultimate pack for all flavors of the Mesa recto cab. He picked out 6 fantastic sounding cabs and the variations are perfect for getting different high end and diffrrnt midrange in your guitar tone for your mix.

There’s a lot of good stuff out there, but this is all I really reccomend personally 100 percent.

Redwirez is fantastic. I never see them mentioned. Their IR loader mixIR3 is also the best I’ve used.

The best one I have is a free one from Leon Todd. If you like Marshall TV 4x12’s with Greenbacks, his is about the only one I use.

The Celestion ones from their site mainly
What's the verdict on these?

They're the only ones I've ever bought, since it seemed like they would know what their speakers sound like best, but I feel like I always hear people talking about a million other sites I've never heard of that sell IRs.

There’s a lot of great stuff out there, but for me the only stuff I use:

EAS studios IR’s: they have the clearest low end, and require the least eq by far of any IR’s I’ve used personally. Ed is a great dude as well, and is a wealth of Information. He gets all 4 speakers throughout the entire length of the speaker from dark to bright for every mic. They truly are the best of the best in my opinion.

Titan audio: expensive but worth it. The best Marshall IR’s out there and I trust Zach as much as anyone considering I know who he learned everything from and does a similar method. Huge low end, tight, and clear.

Josh Middletons IR’s: Josh has a great ear, and these are phenomenal. His mixed IR’s are about as ready to go as you can get, and he has a great ear. You’ll be hard pressed to find better and a more tone obsessed guy.

GGD Cali: great IR’s, Nolly has a wonderful ear too and this is the ultimate pack for all flavors of the Mesa recto cab. He picked out 6 fantastic sounding cabs and the variations are perfect for getting different high end and diffrrnt midrange in your guitar tone for your mix.

There’s a lot of good stuff out there, but this is all I really reccomend personally 100 percent.
These are the best out there.

What's the verdict on these?

They're the only ones I've ever bought, since it seemed like they would know what their speakers sound like best, but I feel like I always hear people talking about a million other sites I've never heard of that sell IRs.
I’ve got several OH packs along with hundreds of other IRs but I almost always defer to the Celestion ones. I’m sure all of these vendors put out good stuff tho

GGD Cali and ML Soundlab are the most natural and realistic sounding to my ears, and I own all the IRs in the universe.

For ML Soundlab, I only use one IR. It's the one that comes free with Tonocracy (also free), it's the MARS PR-75, which stands for Pre-Rola 75hz. It sounds exactly like my favorite early 70's Marshall cab that I use all the time.

I've been using Celestion Speaker Mix Pro for direct recording lately, and it's easily the best sound I've been able to get with this method.

Back