What Pickup For Swamp Ash Strat w Roasted Maple Neck ?

Humbucker or single coil?
giphy.gif

I Have 3 Warmoth builds..all swamp ash bodies with roasted maple..Goncalo..and Pau Fero respecitvely..and all 3 have Alnico Nailbombs.....I also just got a new Charvel DK24 and yanked the pointy sounding Nazgul and dropped in a Duncan Custom Hybrid..excellent pickup.

I Have 3 Warmoth builds..all swamp ash bodies with roasted maple..Goncalo..and Pau Fero respecitvely..and all 3 have Alnico Nailbombs.....I also just got a new Charvel DK24 and yanked the pointy sounding Nazgul and dropped in a Duncan Custom Hybrid..excellent pickup.
Wow !

3rd vote for the Nailbomb !

Also, I found two 59/Custom Hybrids with A5 mags in my box o' humbuckers last night.

This right here..

The guy that did those clips , isn’t he a member here ? Find out what he’s using lol . I’m using the Duncan RTM and Jalen Fair Waring at the moment. The RTM could probably cop those tones with the right amp , the FW is brighter

i had a duncan 78 that sounded pretty nice in an alder/rosewood ltd ed. 94 am. strat

that pickup reminded me of an original duncan pearly gates i had, in that there was almost a single coil nasal twang and snarl with a fat hummer fullness to it. which always fed into the rumor of eddie’s “broken coil” hummer aspect of his brown sound in my mind.

best PAF quality i’ve head beside tom holmes recently is tone specific.

i had a duncan 78 that sounded pretty nice in an alder/rosewood ltd ed. 94 am. strat

that pickup reminded me of an original duncan pearly gates i had, in that there was almost a single coil nasal twang and snarl with a fat hummer fullness to it. which always fed into the rumor of eddie’s “broken coil” hummer aspect of his brown sound in my mind.
That quality comes from asymmetric coils in a humbucker.

Been a fan of offset coil winds for a long time !

Back