What stuff from NAMM has excited you so far?

mrkmas

What stuff from NAMM has excited you so far?

For me its the "new" jet city amps. They are all based on the JCA20H. Various models have some nice features ranging from midi to clean mods.

JCA20H Flex : same circuit/sound as the regular JCA20H, but now with digital control display for each knob and midi.
JCA20H-BVC : Clean mod
JCA20HV : Revoiced by soldano.

There is also the Jet City Earhart, which is a handwired amp. Will go for $2499.99 according to a picture I have seen.

The Cameron Amps look great also. Saw a pic of the amps and cabs and the cosmetics looked great, and I cant wait to hear one.

The Carvin Legacy 3 was a pleasant surprise. Great features at a great price.

The Marshall 1 Watt amps are also real cool. Price aside, they are nice little amps that sound overall pretty good from clips. I was somewhat let down that the Golden Jubilee or atleast the Satriani JVM were not released. I guess that will be for Summer NAMM

Fender really didnt do anything for me this time. The pawn shop amps were a nice idea, but just nothing that really caught my eye.

Boss/Roland released another GT series processor. None of the previous ones sounded very good to me, and I am not very optimistic this one will either.

Line 6 came out with something somewhat interesting called the Stagescape m20d.

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff, but that is just what came to mind.
How about everyone else?

I was initially interested in the Marshall 1 Watt amps, but the price kind of moved me off those.

Then I saw the Vox AC4HW1 and that really interests me, it has the features I wish the marshall class 5 had (12" speaker, Master volume). The youtube demo I saw sounded really nice. But again the price at $799 means that I will be waiting till they are available on the used market....

The new Orange OR15H looks pretty cool too, only been semi impressed with the clips, the OR50H is sounding better in the few clips I have heard.

The Legacy 3 and the expanding 7 string lineups in general, but particularly the Devin Townsend Peavey 7-string V. Not big on signatures, but I am a fan of hardtail 7 strings.

1 watt JCM800!! As they said in one of the demo videos by Tone King, "Who DOESN'T want a practice JCM800??"

Legacy3 may be the coolest thing of the show?

The baby Marshalls are neat, but the price takes the fun out of them. Collectors or crazies only with them.

EBMM JPXII's with SS frets

Alex Wade 7 string signature release from ESP

Ibanez's replacement models of the 1527/7620 that are now discontinued

The mini marshalls are more wow factor than actually worth investing imho - more cash junk.

Legacy 3 sounds pretty cool

the Cameron Atomica has been long awaited, i actually prefer marks modded marshall days to his CCV days, too bad the price is out of the ballpark for myself to consider seriously. Will wait for the hype and prices to drop and probably buy used if curiosity does not wear off. Its been something like 4 years since i joined this forum that i have wanted his modified marshall tone, never liked or cared for the CCV's. Was hoping for a modified ocean option, but beggars cant be choosers :)

1) the whole 50's vintage look that it's very prevalent in a bunch of different companies newer products (a lot of guitars looking like vintage 50's and 60's pieces, I like that very much)

2) Digitach iStomp (I'm getting this pedal man....seems like a WIN)

3) Fender Pawn Shop amps

4) Egnater's new pedals!

5) Danelectro's Dano Pro 2012 models (were out of production for a while and now they're back....and I'm buying one!)

Back