What would be "THE" Cameron mod to have?

SBlue

Hi Gain/Lo Gain Jose, Atomica, Ocean?
And on what kind of amp... JMP, Plexi RI, JCM800?
Keep in mind that the amp will be used for recording only.

Aldrich for me! I've had an Ocean, HG/LG Jose, and my Aldrich is still here. They all sounded and recorded killer so it's probably more a matter of personal taste. Ocean was smoothest but clearest through the full range of a 7 string, the Jose had more bite and was tighter, the Aldrich is somewhere in the middle but actually sounds more like what I hear when I think of a Marshall. Could've just been the amps I had so ymmv.

Listen and then decide. Every mod is on this channel including different versions/years of amps (JCM800 SLP orignal 70's JMPs) and most are played by Mark himself:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SuckerFreeGear

Me personally I am more of a 90's music guy, as in Tool, Alice in Chains etc... I prefer the Modern mod, then the Aldrich.

I've played and recorded them all. I personally like the Ocean. The Jose and Aldridge are just to gainy for my taste, especially the Aldridge. But it's all a matter of taste and application. I played Todd's Ocean a few years ago and have been passively looking for one ever since and finally scored one a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely amazing amp. We tracked it today blended with a RV50. Just perfect. Also have a Jose here and it sounds insane. Probably more impressive standing in the room but for my sonic sensibility as a producer and session guitarist it's just to over the top for me. Plus the Ocean with the master pulled out is pretty much the same gain as the Jose. But again I have been using it with the master pushed in, especially when blending amps.

Back