Whats best sounding cameron Marshalls? JMP JCM or reissues?

halebox

Has anyone tried a few versions of these to have an opinion which cameron modded marshalls sound best?

C'mon, Gary!

what-would-you-choose.jpg

:LOL: :LOL:

rlord1974":yfpsczlq said:
C'mon, Gary!

what-would-you-choose.jpg

:LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: My 74 2203 Jose HG/LG, 76 2203 Aldrich, and handwired CCV Standel. the last mod I had was an SLP. They are all really good.

Holy hell, Steve!! lol I can't say anything about JMPs but I've got a JCM800 Aldrich/LG Jose. Favorite amp I've ever owned and I've owned Diezel, Framus, Engl, Mesa, VHT, Diamond, and all kinds of other stuff. That Aldrich is the biggest roaring Les Paul into a stack stadium rock tone that I've dreamed about since I first got into guitar as a kid. Somebody'd have to kill me to take it away. I'm not kidding!
IMG_1600.jpg

I also have a ptp Ocean mod that has pretty much the same layout as a CCV with 2 channels, the solo boost, dark, bright, and midboost switches, etc. Killer amp but it's too polite in comparison. Sounds a LOT like the CCV clips I've heard. Torn on this one and might get rid of it to try to pickup a 2 channel Jose Marshall if one's available in the future.
nick20ocean20mod.jpg

Doesn't matter a whole lot which platform aside from the iron. What matters most is who the amp was done for and Mark's frame of mind along with the parts he happened to have at that time

It's not so much the platform for which the mod is done....it had more to do with what kind of mood Mark's in when doing the mod..lol!! But...with that said. Best Cameron mod I ever had was an SLP and ....I've had 1 or 2 over the years.... :LOL: :LOL:

Just noticed I said the same thing as glip..lol!

kurtsstuff":1xzvd9a2 said:
It's not so much the platform for which the mod is done....it had more to do with what kind of mood Mark's in when doing the mod..lol!! But...with that said. Best Cameron mod I ever had was an SLP and ....I've had 1 or 2 over the years.... :LOL: :LOL:

Well there you have it :rock: Add zeros to that 1 or 2

glip22":2gzdlod3 said:
kurtsstuff":2gzdlod3 said:

Well there you have it :rock: Add zeros to that 1 or 2

Go figure. :LOL: :LOL:

Back