When will Diezel make a single channel amp?

~Abstract~

The signature Diezel sound. In a compact head package.

Full tone stack
Presence, Resonance/Depth, Midcut
Switchable Series loop
2xEL34/6L6 (6550?)

Made in China
$1000 street price

You guys would sell a ton!

Thoughts?

Only thing I can think of as a detractor would be the lack of clean...I have a hard time getting my Herbert to get clean on the 2+...I would assume the VH4 ch3 would be the same way. I'm sure most players could live with it...Perhaps a push button preset clean channel...

Maybe midi? For loop and channel?

lol...I can dream can't I?

Czech Republic...Slovakia...Slovenia...Poland...Romania...Vietnam

Just somewhere where labor is cheap. Papa would design the amp...your normal board guy would make the boards...pick the trannies...slap a logo on 'em.

The quality wouldn't be the same as a full price Diezel...but no one would expect it to be. It's just like Egnater...they have the Pro line...and the Made in China line. Soldano / Jet City...

Seems to me that the demand is there...and the capability is too. Business is about making money, right?

One thing I truly love about Diezel is they DON'T make a crap line of products just so pimple faced kids can say they own a 'Diezel'.

I love a lot of the Bogner stuff, but lost respect when he started doing exactly that.

That's not the Diezel business model, so I think you'll have to keep dreaming I'm afraid.

They don't want to make it cheap because they want to keep control over quality. Also, they keep control by not having a serial production line. And that limited production keeps the price up.

Diezel and Made in ...somewhere-cheap-land doesn't fit, imho. For Not being subjective: Not everything from outta cheap space is wrong OT crap, but: something I really love about Diezel is, that they are not only built here, and Peter has his own hands on every Single Amp.
Imagine: what will happen to Diezel's Service? Peter could not take care on a mass product. Of course, Diezelamps aren' t cheap, but so far I can judge, they are worth it.

Sory to chime in but I design the boards
by myself and clean the restrooms by myself.

A Soldano made out of Michaels workbench
will never sound like a Soldano.

Lot´s of US manufactures are going to
produce outside, we not.

The high prices of our products are created
by small finances and the margin of our members
to pay their bills.

Rezamatix":1o8k1hju said:
Peter if I was there I would clean the restrooms and go on beer runs for you...no charge.

I think we all would. Papa is the king.

It sounds like the main issue is with dilution of brand. Understandable. Herr Diezel spent a long time and a lot of money to get his company where it is and he doesn't want to "cheapen" it with a MIC product. Got it.

Perhaps there is a way to produce a lower wattage 2x6v6 simple 2 channel IN GERMANY (in house) to capture that other would-be client?

I see a market (with a ton of $$$) that isn't being capitalized.

Diezel is leaving money on the table. imho. And as great as the people / products are...it pains me.

SwampDonkey":35w7ar1b said:
One thing I truly love about Diezel is they DON'T make a crap line of products just so pimple faced kids can say they own a 'Diezel'.

I love a lot of the Bogner stuff, but lost respect when he started doing exactly that.

DUDE!!!

How have you been? I haven't heard from you in almost a year! How is everyone? Band?

Holla!

That would be like Porsche slapping their name on a cheap car just to get some of the cheap money. That would dilute the name and make the brand LESS valuable. High end is high end because it stays in the high end :).

J

xXxGhotimanxXx":26t8xcj9 said:
That would be like Porsche slapping their name on a cheap car just to get some of the cheap money. That would dilute the name and make the brand LESS valuable. High end is high end because it stays in the high end :).

J

You mean like the Boxter? ;)

Porsche makes a Carrera GT...priced at $440,000. They also make the lowly Boxter...at $47,000.

This is a 10/1 ratio for cost between the highest and lowest line. Guess which one makes them the most money...

This would be the equivalent of a $500 Diezel.

:LOL: :LOL:

Next?

~Abstract~":2frfbveo said:
SwampDonkey":2frfbveo said:

DUDE!!!

How have you been? I haven't heard from you in almost a year! How is everyone? Band?

Holla!

Band is doing well. Got divorced and moved to Fayetteville. 2010 was a pretty fucked up year in a lot of ways, but all in all things are pretty good for me now. 2011 is going to be pretty whoop ass I think. :D

I lost your number man, shoot it to me in a text or a pm and I will get in touch with you. We have been running the smoker like crazy, so we always have mad BBQ around. Time to drink and eat some pulled pork! :rock:

~Abstract~":28t5w4kf said:
xXxGhotimanxXx":28t5w4kf said:

J

Porsche makes a Carrera GT...priced at $440,000. They also make the lowly Boxter...at $47,000.

This is a 10/1 ratio for cost between the highest and lowest line. Guess which one makes them the most money...

Next?
Actually, there were only a few GT's made...I wouldn't consider that car part of their line up. So, there would be no Diezel equivalent at this time. I would think that the Einstein would be the Boxster. The bread and butter cars like the 911, in all variants, are the Herberts, VH4's, etc. Special models modded for performers/artists, etc. would be like the Cup cars :). Also, I don't think I would consider a $47,000 car lowly...even if the brand makes cars that cost considerably more...but that's just me.

J

Peter Diezel":2zwcd331 said:
Sory to chime in but I design the boards
by myself and clean the restrooms by myself.

A Soldano made out of Michaels workbench
will never sound like a Soldano.

Lot´s of US manufactures are going to
produce outside, we not.

The high prices of our products are created
by small finances and the margin of our members
to pay their bills.

Ill come clean the john if you need me too. Just dont send anything to China. "Designed by" amps dont sound like the real thing. Id rather buy the real thing than a fake. Anyone selling a Folex???

xXxGhotimanxXx":1r3wl1iv said:
~Abstract~":1r3wl1iv said:
xXxGhotimanxXx":1r3wl1iv said:

J

Next?
Actually, there were only a few GT's made...I wouldn't consider that car part of their line up. So, there would be no Diezel equivalent at this time. ....

J

Compared with how many amps they could sale...the current production numbers of Herberts and VH4's would make you say the same thing.

:thumbsup:

King Crimson":1r3wl1iv said:
Made in China
You're f'n nuts!!!

What are you, the neighborhood SNAFU?

Did you see this? What are you? The neighborhood NOT READ THE THREAD BUT POST STUPID REPLYS ANYWAY?

:doh:

It sounds like the main issue is with dilution of brand. Understandable. Herr Diezel spent a long time and a lot of money to get his company where it is and he doesn't want to "cheapen" it with a MIC product. Got it.

Perhaps there is a way to produce a lower wattage 2x6v6 simple 2 channel IN GERMANY (in house) to capture that other would-be client?

Rezamatix":2vyngh3m said:
...and go on beer runs for you...no charge.
I think Peter is more of a
250px-Jagermeister_bottle.jpg
MAN!

Just thinking out loud here...

What about a strict 2 channel (no modes) amp ala Einstein...with no midi...single series loop...standard footswitch?
Maybe 100w? (even thought I'd personally prefer 50)
Squeeky clean and Diezel Mayhem.

The simplicity would help the price a bit...I know the Transformers are a HUGE part of the expense...

It just occurred to me that the Hagen (while completely badass) probably isn't going to draw any "new" consumers to the company. It sits squarely between the Herbert and VH4 right? That's what all the initial reports indicate. I don't understand the "gap" that amp fills. It was a narrow playing field to begin with...

A less expensive, more attainable, amp with the Diezel brand sound, along with options commonly found on other similar class amps would probably sell like hot cakes.

I understand where you're coming from Abstract.

I'd like to see a very stripped down Diezel for cheaper. Nice clean channel that can get gritty and a signature diezel Channel 2 that'll cover the texas tones up to vh4/herber/hagen channel 3 territory. have sell it for 40% - 50% less than the current models. I'm sure it'll draw more customers too.

Back