Which Diezel cab for my new Hagen?!

QOTSA_Lover

As I mentioned in another thread, I've problems with some harsh and fizzly highs in my sound.

So I'am playing through a Diezel 4x12 FL V30 cab, which could be the problem?!

So what Diezel cab would you choose for a smooth and fat rock sound? The Hemp Cones?

I play mostly rock, sometimes hard rock ala Alter Bridge... Nothing heavier...

Greetz

I've got all the Diezel cabs. My favorite is the RL V30 4x12 . It is very organic sounding, very warm and does not have the harsh highs you are referring to. I would strongly recommend that cab for you.
The 4x12 RL with hemp is not as warm (lacking some bottom end depth), but has very transparent mids. In addition I love the very distinctive harmonics it generates. Myles Kennedy plays a MK1 Herbert through this exact hemp cone cab, matter of fact he got the cab he is using now from me.

All in all the RL V30 cab beats them all for me and I extensively played the Hagen through it.

Kind regards,

Jens

Diezel US Support":34s772ag said:
All in all the RL V30 cab beats them all for me and I extensively played the Hagen through it.

Thank you very much so far. Very helpful and interesting.

Whats the exact diffrence between FL and RL? I cannot imagine that there's such a big difference... But I definitely believe what you're saying...

So could please give me a further explanation between the FL and RL difference? Some people saying thats voodoo... ;-)

Greetz

NO, it is NOT voodoo. Those people have either NEVER tested both kind of cabs (there are folks who just repeat stuff they once read), or they have tested them, but from a manufacturer where the difference is not noticable due to the "bad" design, I would say.

Since I have both types with hemp cones (RL), V30 (FL and RL) and k100 (FL) I am able to give you input.

The RL design with the V30s creates a looser, more open tone that is very organic and earthy. The harmonics are just right, not too bright and really nice mids. It sound very warm and is great for Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock or Hard Rock.
It is NOT good for fast riffing, especially with down tuned guitars. For that you need the much tighter FL with V30s or K100s for example.

I can guarantee you that this is NOT Voodoo. I've had lots of folks try the different cabs out in my shop and they all could clearly hear and feel the difference.
Please keep in mind that Diezel cabs (the GERMAN MADE only) were very carefully designed by Peter Stapfer who is a terrific guitar player with amazing ears. The newly designed German Made cabs are the best cabs I have ever heard and played and they are worth every penny.

Kind regards,

Jens

Having tested most of the Diezel cabs with the Hagen (at Jens's place :D ) I second his opinion.

To my ears and for my taste the RL V30 cab was the best for the Hagen. I also tried the RL Hempcone and FL K100. The RL V30 had the articulation I was looking for and a lot of body and depth to the sound. Didn't sound harsh to my ears. There was a dramatic difference between it and the FL cab, which was loaded with K100s. But I've been around several different types of speakers swapped through the same cab and can tell it was the cab type (FL vs RL) that was making the difference even more than the speakers. I'm sure the FL K100 is excellent for certain applications and certain amps. But for my sonic tastes and when playing with the Hagen, the RL V30 was the winner.

Bottom line.. Having played the Hagen through those 3 cabs, the RL V30 was certainly my favorite with it. :thumbsup:

Diezel US Support":ub3n0qyk said:
I've got all the Diezel cabs. My favorite is the RL V30 4x12 . It is very organic sounding, very warm and does not have the harsh highs you are referring to. I would strongly recommend that cab for you.
The 4x12 RL with hemp is not as warm (lacking some bottom end depth), but has very transparent mids. In addition I love the very distinctive harmonics it generates. Myles Kennedy plays a MK1 Herbert through this exact hemp cone cab, matter of fact he got the cab he is using now from me.

All of the above! I own one Diezel FL G12K100 (now equiped w/ four EVM12L classic) and one RL V30 4x12, as well as three different Mesa Cabs and the Diezel rearload beats all cabinets! :rock: :rock: :rock:

@ QOTSA_Lover: Viel Spaß mit dem Hagen übrigens! Freut mich zu sehen, dass Du die Kiste jetzt letztendlich doch gekauft hast! Ist Dein VH4 jetzt weg, oder hast Du den behalten?

Back