Which Diezel is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GearPeepinz

I am looking to buy a Diezel. After reading several reviews, the Herbert seems to be a better choice, however I cant get past the mindblowing looks of the VH4. What do you guys think? I currently have an uberschall and a Laney GH100L that I use for high gain. Those are the sounds I would be purchasing the Diezel for. I plan on running it through a Hiwatt 4x12. Which Diezel do I need? Thanks! A picture of my current rig so far is attached.

Attachments

• gearpeepz1.JPG
    gearpeepz1.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 265
OT: what did that Marshall do to you...to make it pink!!! Monster!!! :cry:

j/k :thumbsup: nice rig there, a Bogner Ubershall here as well

With the great selection of amps you currently have, I would reccommend playing through both a VH4 and a Herbert before just buying one.
While certain tones can be replicated from both amps, the Herbert, being extremely versatile as is the VH4, can go to higher gain territory while holding down a tight and responsive bottom. The VH4 is a more all-around amp and both have a different feel and tone to them which makes each unique unto itself.

Also, before deciding to play through a HiWatt cab, I suggest trying both the VH4 and the Herbert through it, as you might have to buy a Diezel cab to really hear what these incredible amps can really do. From reports read here and elsewhere, people seem to find the best results and tone when matching a Diezel cab to one of the Diezel heads. It could be a combination of the cab construction with the speakers that brings out the best in the Diezel heads.

Thanks for the replies! (By the way, the Marshall didnt do anything to me... The EIGHTIES did! :D ) Unfortunately, I have no way of testing either, as I live in tampa and our GC does not have them. I have to rely on soundclips and reviews..

I would agree with C4 VH4 would be my choice to cover what your looking for. It's all in how you tune your amp but thoes tones are in their. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back