A

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me which G12H30 are recommended for the CCV
is it the 55hz version or are they 75hz

LP Freak":3eo55vsf said:
The Heritage 55hz H30's sound killer with the CCV. :yes:

Do you have the heritage 55hz version ?
would you know if they are based on the original greenback or blackback version

I Know a guy selling quads of both G12 H30 55hz blackbacks and 75hz blackbacks .
Ive tried both in the past but with different amps but its difficult to know which ones to choose for the CCV
Ive got a quad of G12M25 75HZ creambacks which give the ccv a very definite marshall vibe which is great but Im still drawn to getting a second cab

custom62":2uksjql6 said:
LP Freak":2uksjql6 said:

I Know a guy selling quads of both G12 H30 55hz blackbacks and 75hz blackbacks .
Ive tried both in the past but with different amps but its difficult to know which ones to choose for the CCV
Ive got a quad of G12M25 75HZ creambacks which give the ccv a very definite marshall vibe which is great but Im still drawn to getting a second cab
Yes, I have the Heritage 55Hz ones. I think their based in the original Greenbacks.

LP Freak":2asy5m85 said:
custom62":2asy5m85 said:
LP Freak":2asy5m85 said:

Yes, I have the Heritage 55Hz ones. I think their based in the original Greenbacks.

I thought the Heritage Series G12M were based on the original Greenbacks?

The Blackback G12H30 75's are really bright and I would stay away from them. Go for the 55 blackback 30's psychodave seemed to like them through his camerons

Depends on where you like your mids to ride. The CCV is a very mid-heavy amp and difficult to dial them down and the H30 just makes it worse, IMO. Again, depends how you like your overall tone dialed up. You need something to handle the bottom end though. The G12T65's can be a good alternative to the 25 watt GB's in this regard. They carry the bottom end well, yet behave like an M series GB. A mix of V30's and 65's works well too.

Steve

Thanks for everyones advice
I have a quad of creamback G12M 25 75 Hz which are working quite well for me with the ccv and next weekend I am also picking up a quad of prerola G12H30 75 Hz and a quad of prerola G12M25 75HZ
I am getting those to use with another amp but it will be interesting to see if they sound good with the CCV
I fancy trying blackback G12H30 either 75Hz or 55Hz and I have a line on a couple of quads of each but I have to wait to be able to get my hands on those ones as the seller lives quite some way from me

I currently have a Bogner 4x12 loaded with G12-65s (never heard of G12T-65s... maybe that was a typo?). In any event, they are a dark speaker and sound really good when turned up LOUD. But I was wondering if anybody has used 'em with a CCV before? I ask because it seems the amp was built voiced to G12H-30s, which are very bright speakers. And the 65s are very dark. I also have a 2x12 with V30s and a quad of G12M Greenbacks laying around.

I still like the G1230s that come stock in the Cameron cabs (Original Design) with the Atomica. Not too bright with the CCV when I played it through the Cameron cabs (new design) at the LA amp show and my Atomica rips with the original Cameron cab design. Of course that is just my opinion, but everyone's ears are different.

Back