Which Scumback speakers to go with a pair of V30s British 60watter...

hopkinWFG

Hi peeps ! i gotta play loud one nite and one of my P50es speakers blew off ... my current cab now measures more than 16ohms and played thru it sounded really darker and less treble... i am looking at either pairing up another P50es if i were to get it new from Fryette with the two V30s i got... else am looking at good speakers like the scumbacks but i am not sure which speakers it be good for pairing up the V30s or even P50s...

i am looking at tight lowend, fairly dark, very neutral speakers without the mid hump and smooth treble... i guess the H55 scumback be good to go? i gotta Diezel VH4, Herbert, Bogner TJ & XTC, wizard MC2, and a whole Fryette collection to get on with.... would the H55 X V30s be good or P50es X H55 be good?

Hi peeps ! i gotta play loud one nite and one of my P50es speakers blew off ... my current cab now measures more than 16ohms and played thru it sounded really darker and less treble... i am looking at either pairing up another P50es if i were to get it new from Fryette with the two V30s i got... else am looking at good speakers like the scumbacks but i am not sure which speakers it be good for pairing up the V30s or even P50s...

i am looking at tight lowend, fairly dark, very neutral speakers without the mid hump and smooth treble... i guess the H55 scumback be good to go? i gotta Diezel VH4, Herbert, Bogner TJ & XTC, wizard MC2, and a whole Fryette collection to get on with.... would the H55 X V30s be good or P50es X H55 be good?
Redbacks?

Here’s a clip of a m75 paired with a v30. SM57 was on the m75, and md421 on the v30. Amp was a 77’ 2203 with a Suhr koko clean boost.

Sorry for the quite shit playing.

A lot of my clients mix the M75 with the V30 with good results. The H55 would have more low end, but I feel the H75 has a higher low end, the H55-PVC is another option, but I think the H75 would be more what you're looking for.
Thanks for the reply... But do the M75 has more topend and does it have rather a flat mid ? With the M75 does it still pair up well with the V30s neutralising out the topend shrill ? And fizziness or "wooliness " topend

Thanks for the reply... But do the M75 has more topend and does it have rather a flat mid ? With the M75 does it still pair up well with the V30s neutralising out the topend shrill ? And fizziness or "wooliness " topend
No, the M75 is a G12M pre rola variant with more lower mids/bass, bumped up mids/upper mids with creamy treble response. It does take the edge off the V30 upper mid spike, but doesn't neuter it completely. Two M75's on top of your 4x12 will be a nice upgrade.

Here’s a clip of a m75 paired with a v30. SM57 was on the m75, and md421 on the v30. Amp was a 77’ 2203 with a Suhr koko clean boost.

Sorry for the quite shit playing.

Nice clips here! Sound good for the 90s hair metal !! But seems like the high end is pretty good ! But still too Gritty and trebly for what I think... Yet because it's driving thru the Marshall's... No idea how well it works more those lowmid amps like VHT and Diezel.... Mind sharing us your mid and treble settings ?

No, the M75 is a G12M pre rola variant with more lower mids/bass, bumped up mids/upper mids with creamy treble response. It does take the edge off the V30 upper mid spike, but doesn't neuter it completely. Two M75's on top of your 4x12 will be a nice upgrade.
would the H75 be better off complimenting the V30s for metal or having the M75 be as good? I do some nonsense shred at most of the time... And I definitely need a rounder creamer side of the highs ... Cause I be replacing the p50es on my VHT Fatbottom 412 slant front loaded cab... What would you recommend at the end...?

Nice clips here! Sound good for the 90s hair metal !! But seems like the high end is pretty good ! But still too Gritty and trebly for what I think... Yet because it's driving thru the Marshall's... No idea how well it works more those lowmid amps like VHT and Diezel.... Mind sharing us your mid and treble settings ?
Pretty sure everything was more or less straight up. I will say that the high end bite and grit is coming from the v30. I’ll post just the 57 on the m75 when I get home tonight.

I've had the V30/ H75 in a 4x12 x pattern and a V30/M75 in a 2x12 . Both great pairings . I'd probably go with the H75 with the sound you're shooting for. That mix in the 4x12 was massive when I had my 5150 50 watt

Scumback H75s have more highend than other Scumbacks I have. I can recommend J75 65W, they are darker and very full sounding, pair great with V30 in top/bottom config. I had this mix in Bogner 4x12 but finally replaced V30 with H75 65W for little bit more sizzle.
Worked great with Wizard MCII, Ultralead and Deliverance I had.

Would the H75 has more sizzle or fizzy topend than M75 series ?... My background from p50es and they are just tight chunky less the sizzle thou it has bit wooliness... But it's a clean speaker... Am just looking out of the box for a better compliment for my Diezel bogner and wizard amp other than the Fryettes I have... Think I would need a fairly dark sounding speakers to cover for my wizard MC2 which it's voiced aggressive on the topend... Yet "bright' enough to compliment my bogner and Diezel... Very neutral mids and tight lowend

Here's just the sm57 on the m75!

wow !! nice crunch tone !! its sweet on the highs not much of the mids whom i hear on the clips you posted on earlier with the V30s.... this is much much sweeter !! nice highs too !! i hit Scumbacks on their M75 soon !

wow !! nice crunch tone !! its sweet on the highs not much of the mids whom i hear on the clips you posted on earlier with the V30s.... this is much much sweeter !! nice highs too !! i hit Scumbacks on their M75 soon !
Yes the v30 was about 60% of that first clip. Don't think it matters much, but I have 2 of the 100 watt M75's. I've found that using a gb style speaker blended with the v30 is my favorite combo. I dislike v30's by themselves, but sometimes I feel the GB style speakers don't have much of a bite so I blend for pretty killer results.

Back