Which "Winged =C='s" are actually Winged =C='s now?!

teqnick

So i'm about to retube my uberschall and i've come across a Ruby Winged C and a Svetlana el34. Didn't svetlana make the original Winged C's that were branded as SED? I see SED Winged =C='s on thetubestore, but aren't those now actually Sensor Winged =C='s?

oh and why are these damn tube manufacturers so confusing :doh:

teqnick":2wep22e0 said:
So i'm about to retube my uberschall and i've come across a Ruby Winged C and a Svetlana el34. Didn't svetlana make the original Winged C's that were branded as SED? I see SED Winged =C='s on thetubestore, but aren't those now actually Sensor Winged =C='s?

Ruby rebrands other tubes, so the Ruby Winged C is literally just a rebranded SED Winged C tube :) Just don't confuse it with the Ruby EL34B-STR since that is a Shuguang tube, not an SED tube.

The current SED Winged C tubes are the real deal Svetlana tubes. They're still made by the original Svetlana company, but they're not called Svetlana anymore since the Svetlana name was bought out by New Sensor company years ago.

The New Sensor company produces tubes that have the Svetlana name on them but they are NOT the same as a real Svetlana tube. Not even close.

Simplest way to avoid confusion is to just look for the =C= logo :)

teqnick":192o7v4j said:

You should give ldm a shout. She is the ValveQueen and carries the =C= tubes you are looking for. I just got a set in from her last night and not only did they arrive quickly, but they were packed to survive a war. Plus her communication is AWESOME!!!

http://valvequeen.com/

tweed":35suc9mx said:
You should give ldm a shout. She is the ValveQueen and carries the =C= tubes you are looking for. I just got a set in from her last night and not only did they arrive quickly, but they were packed to survive a war. Plus her communication is AWESOME!!!

http://valvequeen.com/

+1, help out a forum member and buy from ValveQueen! :rock:

I have seen the "Ruby Winged C" on other dealer sites. It appears that it is the SED Winged C distributed by Magic Parts aka Ruby. The SED Winged C 6L6's and 6550's that I have came from Magic Parts/Ruby. They have the Ruby box and they carry the Ruby warranty (which is 6 months). The SED EL34's that I carry (right now) came from a different wholesaler and they have white boxes. Mr. Dan's response about Svetlana versus SED is accurate. SED is winged C now and they are not the same as the current Svetlana (New Sensor) offerings. For example, SED's have welded plates while Svet's have crimped plates... The best thing to do is make sure you get the SED's with the "C" logo as previously indicated. :thumbsup:

Thanks for clearing things up everyone! Looks like i'm going to be ordering from valvequeen really soon here :rock:

Back