Which would you get, Atomica or CCV?

Buzzedd

Hey guys,
I'm getting a new amp and i've pretty much decided on a Cameron but can not figure out which one to get,
the CCV orthe Atomica.

I'm looking for a amp that has lots of gain but with clarity, i've got an amp that covers clean so i'm not worried
about how it'll clean up. Right now for high gain I'm using a Snorkler modded JCM800 & a Bogner Twin Jet
and decided the Bogner's going to be sold. Don't get me wrong, the Uberschall is bad ass, I havent' had it long enough
to get that attached yet.

I don't have the luxury to play through each of them and decide for myself so i've got to go off of
online demos and you guys that own them. If they are both voiced the same I can live with the one channel on the Atomica,
but I’m sure the CCV has lots more bells and whistles to achieve many different sounds hence the larger pricetag.

My question, is the CCV worth the extra cash compared to the Atomica?

Bill

The best I can say is they are completely different animals. Following is a little something from a different thread.

metalmaniac93":2pnhchzs said:
Louder":2pnhchzs said:
All,

Has anyone played both amps? I wanted to get an understanding of the tone difference between the two, like amount of gain, mid-range, feel, etc. - Paul

This as per Brad from one of the posts for a general comparison between the Atomica and CCV. I will evenually have both when the 2nd run goes out.

subject: Re: Cameron Atomica Official Video - Shot 1/25/12 in HollywoPosted: Sat, Jan 28, 2012 5:04pm

Owner - Rig-Talk.com

It is a totally different circuit and vibe than the CCV although obviously with the signature Cameron sound. The CCV is more polished and high fidelity sounding than Atomica IMO. The CCV is a true channel amp with midi and a real clean channel. The Atomica is just an ears back ass kicker. Not polite but really raw, lots of bottom end and heavy sounding. Both good but both complimentary and then there's the Old Bitch, she will be along in a few weeks.

drewiv":2841bk9o said:
The best I can say is they are completely different animals. Following is a little something from a different thread.

metalmaniac93":2841bk9o said:
Louder":2841bk9o said:
All,

Has anyone played both amps? I wanted to get an understanding of the tone difference between the two, like amount of gain, mid-range, feel, etc. - Paul

This as per Brad from one of the posts for a general comparison between the Atomica and CCV. I will evenually have both when the 2nd run goes out.

subject: Re: Cameron Atomica Official Video - Shot 1/25/12 in HollywoPosted: Sat, Jan 28, 2012 5:04pm

Owner - Rig-Talk.com

It is a totally different circuit and vibe than the CCV although obviously with the signature Cameron sound. The CCV is more polished and high fidelity sounding than Atomica IMO. The CCV is a true channel amp with midi and a real clean channel. The Atomica is just an ears back ass kicker. Not polite but really raw, lots of bottom end and heavy sounding. Both good but both complimentary and then there's the Old Bitch, she will be along in a few weeks.

What he sad. I dont own both, but played through both, own the Atomica, and waiting for the 2nd run CCV I ordered way back when!! They both kick ass IMO!!!

I owned both and only sold the Atomica to pay for the CCV. While I had both here is what I found:Both amps can get similar tones, the CCV offers the advantage of 2 channels, solo boost and line out. I will own another Atomica, as soon as I can afford it I will buy one, it is that good. So, if you need or want 2 channels, buy the CCV. If you can get by with a single channel, buy the Atomica.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.
I'm leaning on getting the Atomica. From all I've read about both amps the Atomica seems built more
for the chugga chugga metalish style. For this amp I'm looking for, I'd be playing mostly heavy rock to metal.

Just so you know where i'm com'n from my previous amps were a
Mesa Dual Rec 95" for 15 years (not a Rev F),
ENGL Invader for 6 months,
Bogner Uberschall current, along with a Marshall, Matchless and some others.

I'd say to sway me more towards the CCV, if there are any good metal style
clips of it in action please post it. I'd love to hear it.

Bill

Buzzedd":37f9ys26 said:
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.
I'm leaning on getting the Atomica. From all I've read about both amps the Atomica seems built more
for the chugga chugga metalish style. For this amp I'm looking for, I'd be playing mostly heavy rock to metal.

Just so you know where i'm com'n from my previous amps were a
Mesa Dual Rec 95" for 15 years (not a Rev F),
ENGL Invader for 6 months,
Bogner Uberschall current, along with a Marshall, Matchless and some others.

I'd say to sway me more towards the CCV, if there are any good metal style
clips of it in action please post it. I'd love to hear it.

Bill

Check out Nick's (dawnofdreams) stuff.

I was interessted to check out the dawnofdreams samples aswell.. it seems they are set to private? Can anyone provide some links? :)
Cheers.

Thinking about getting a CCV or an Atomica aswell

Jofipe":3pf2qzz3 said:
I was interessted to check out the dawnofdreams samples aswell.. it seems they are set to private? Can anyone provide some links? :)
Cheers.

Thinking about getting a CCV or an Atomica aswell

sorry guys i locked those videos up and I have my reasons for that. All bs aside though my ccv sounds rippin but its an original that Mark Made , I have not played or heard a new gen 3 ccv, and apparently no one has yet :LOL: :LOL: I can say that if it is anything like my OG ccv that they are def a "players" amp I've plugged guys into it who are great players who HATED it , and then others who really who shit them selves and just got it right away :LOL: :LOL:

Check out the tunes in my signature in itunes preview , that is my OG cameron ccv ...

Ok, I think I know where you're coming from. I've got an old Mark Sampson 94' Matchless SuperChief hand made blah blah, and it has the best clean tone I've ever heard (IMO)& breaks up into SRVland and I've had guys play through it and they love or hate it.

I really need to find some one local or even in the state and play one. I've heard from several CCV owners that they hate or it's the greatest amp ever.

Listened to the link Nick posted, damn that sounded good, "C**t in an SUV" was my fav. Excellent playing, loved that riff and the CCV was so crisp and that's what I'm after. I can't imagine that I wouldn't like that amp.

Bill

Back