Who has tried a Duncan Jupiter?

Rex Rocker

Thinking about one for my Les Paul. I'm digging the Nazgul on my Strat way better than the 500T on the Les Paul right now. I kinda want a tighter-sounding more polished-sounding pickup than the 500T. I normally love the 500T, but compared to the Nazgul, it's a little rough around the edges.

So... how would the Jupiter compare to both? How hot is it? Is it hot like the Nazgul or the 500T? Or is it more moderate like the Custom?

Thanks!

I have one sitting here for a project guitar that I still have not installed. From the clips I hear it as a BL L500XL that is a tad smoother, warmer, yet still very tight and grindy but with more lowend.

I have one sitting here for a project guitar that I still have not installed. From the clips I hear it as a BL L500XL that is a tad smoother, warmer, yet still very tight and grindy but with more lowend.

I lied the Dimebucker better on this one. Preferred the mids.

I lied the Dimebucker better on this one. Preferred the mids.
I've heard the Dimebucker has more lowend(I have never played one) than either a BL USA L500XL or Bill and Becky L500XL, I have not compared the Jupiter to my BB L500XL but I will one day......:hys: If I can get motivated to finish this guitar.

I disliked my BL USA L500XL enough that I gave a new extra one away for free when I sold my Dean Dime guitar a couple of year ago.

I liked the tad warmer and the low end I hear in the Jupiter video personally because my BLUSA L500XL was a truly one trick Dime Nuno Pony and into any other rig EQ's differently than a Dime rig it sounded thin and all mids....Which works for Dime or Nuno tone. I want a little flexibility so I can only wait until I install it to really find out if I like the Jupiter or not in person.

Here's a black Winter versus the Jupiter...the Jupiter sound like it has more clarity and the lows are tighter more defined and still some mids push to it with what I hear in this video and it has less low end emphasis than the Black Winter.

Thinking about one for my Les Paul. I'm digging the Nazgul on my Strat way better than the 500T on the Les Paul right now. I kinda want a tighter-sounding more polished-sounding pickup than the 500T. I normally love the 500T, but compared to the Nazgul, it's a little rough around the edges.

So... how would the Jupiter compare to both? How hot is it? Is it hot like the Nazgul or the 500T? Or is it more moderate like the Custom?

Thanks!
The Jupiter is 14K ohms resistance so it is in line with the Duncan Custom outputwise on paper.

The two are not always related. Resistance does not equal output.
I agree with that statement.... as my 9K 78 model does play a feel like a hotter wind than just 9K. But in general the more winds equals more resistance equals more output in a general sense like an 8K pickup versus a 16K pickup.

I looked at those Jupiters and the BL stuff and bought a Lollar DB instead. Worked out pretty well.

“All these worlds are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landing there”.

….alright, alright. I’ll just get a Pearly Gates then..sheesh.

Back