who makes the best guitar pick around?

Dunlop... the jazz 3 picks are great. It's hard to go back to anything else. I have the max grip ones and some Eric Johnson ones and both are great.

fretout":9bgg8u5o said:
I'm really liking the Dunlop Tortex III right now, but I need at least 1.0mm...

I have used these for the last 15 years and do not plan on changing anytime soon.

1.0mm is blasphemy to me. I use the .73's.

I used the .88 for a while and when I first started playing I used very thin picks but man I can not grasp the idea of using a very thick pick.

I need a little play I suppose. The only thing I dislike about the Dunlops is when they wear quickly they are not as good to play.

But those Hufschmidt and other plectrum picks just leave me :confused:

Ive played and tried most them all.... red bears are very nice but I can't afford them anymore... Jazz III XL's are great. Couple years ago I went to the Dunlop Ultex sharp .90.... Love em. Don't see myself changing again. They get the job done for me :rock:

I have tried a lot lately: ultex sharps, ultex jazz 3, Claytons, and I dig the Planet Waves Celluloid 1.0.

Other guitarist has antler, bone, stone, etc...each has their own characteristics...

reverymike":16al91qq said:
2.00 Black Dunlop Gator Grips - I can't play well at all with a pick that bends.

Same here I can't use anything less than 1.14mm. Currently using 1.50mm Tortex jazzIII XL's in white

I dig the 2.0 gators as well

my girlfriend recently bought me some gravity picks to try out...based upon my request of that kind. While I like them, it is difficult to spend that much on a pick when you dont know which model/thickness will work for you. She got me 4 or 5 styles, 1 or 2 thicknesses, and while they are all great picks only a couple of them feel right, and on top of that....my thoughts make me lean towards one of them that wasnt included in the purchase....but I've been using .88 Tortex Sharps for a few years now...thinking of going to a thicker guage, based upon the gravity pick 'feel'

I tend toward the .88 green Dunlop as well. Good picks for less than a quarter per. Although, after a few plays, they can get slick and difficult to hang on to.

I like to check out different picks but stick with the same company for years.
I used Dunlop Tortex 0.88 for several years but i switched to the Ultex sharp 1.14. Especially the Blackfang because they will different than the yellowish.
But like everything: it is all personal preferences.

guitarman967":1tbp9apd said:
Dunlop... the jazz 3 picks are great. It's hard to go back to anything else. I have the max grip ones and some Eric Johnson ones and both are great.
Agreed. I usually use the Eric Johnson jazz 3's, but I just picked up the John Petrucci ones and so far I like them.

customs, i'll go with intune. last a long time and alot of selection. i use their basic tortex style which i like alot better than the orginal, pretty snappy pick (1.0 guage)

Wedgie:

nylon.gif

suhrimmetal":1agwxjmg said:
Ive played and tried most them all.... red bears are very nice but I can't afford them anymore... Jazz III XL's are great. Couple years ago I went to the Dunlop Ultex sharp .90.... Love em. Don't see myself changing again. They get the job done for me :rock:

+1

Been using these for a while now and they've cut my pick bill in half. Last quite a long time, wear well and are easily sharpened on carpet (much like tortex or any delrin picks I've used).

Back