Who/ where are the new CCv's being built at least I theory?

joepete77

I noticed that in the freidman thread regaurding his new amp that It was said that it will once again be built in California instead of subcontracted to George in Michigan. Does this mean that the Cameron line including CCv will once again be built in Cali ? Barrang? By Dave himself? Just curious as to specifics and possibilities of if or when the Cameron line is even a prioroty anymore? Or being pushed to the back so freidman gets priority.

LP Freak":3q5byw6f said:
Maybe George is moving his operation to Cali
Thats what I thought. If I remember correctly George was very close to closing shop. Friedman and I am sure some other business really got him going. Nice to see as I think George is one of the top Marshall amp guys around.

Hmmm. Well then why is George selling his reference "SHOP BE-100"?.....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=143916

:confused:

It might simply be because this one does not have all of the recent upgrades, such as the footswitchable BE/HBE and the full clean channel.

Direct quote from George "With Friedman production moving to the West coast we no longer need this here in the shop". Got me curious, who will be building Friedman amps

I need a job. for real. when i can devote full time to one amp with no other distractions or major life issues, it only takes two days to build one. give me a job. I can work somewhat cheap too. I can do peice work if that helps the process.

To clarify a few things:

Friedman made the choice to move their production away from my shop. Though my capacity is about 10 amps per week, I suspect they have their sights set a bit higher than that.

This move signals the end of contracted manufacturing for me. I have been running my ass off, often in circles, trying to design, prototype, inventory, build, test and deliver amps with someone else's name on the front since 2010. Starting with the Ampeg B-15s. To be blatantly honest, I'm in no better situation financially today than I was the day I stopped selling amp kits years ago. That's frustrating.

I regret that I finally have a great group of guys here who could handle the work, but I'm completely exhausted and need to shut down, regroup myself personally. Choose my next endeavor very carefully.

I am encouraged to finally focus solely on Metropoulos products. I have never been able to do this. The Head Master switcher is the first of what I hope to be many unique products I can bring to market.

My involvement with the next CCV has came to an end. I delivered a prototype based on the documentation I was given and it's now out of my hands. My input was everything mechanical and assembly of he proto. The rest is up to people far more familiar with that design and tone than myself.

I am not manufacturing any Cameron products.

I'll be in Van Nuys this weekend for the amp show, with a fairly limited display compared to previous years. After that, I'm going into recovery mode. Financially and physically. I need rest and to refocus. By the first of he year I expect to have my next plan of attack plotted and be building steam.

Metro-Friedman will be on display. Though the direction of that collaboration for he future is unclear at this time.

Thats all the info I can share or care to share at his time. Any further info has to come from the respective companies. Technically, I am still under NDA and bound from posting their business details.

George

Velvetgeorge":3khsroe1 said:
To clarify a few things:

Friedman made the choice to move their production away from my shop. Though my capacity is about 10 amps per week, I suspect they have their sights set a bit higher than that.

This move signals the end of contracted manufacturing for me. I have been running my ass off, often in circles, trying to design, prototype, inventory, build, test and deliver amps with someone else's name on the front since 2010. Starting with the Ampeg B-15s. To be blatantly honest, I'm in no better situation financially today than I was the day I stopped selling amp kits years ago. That's frustrating.

I regret that I finally have a great group of guys here who could handle the work, but I'm completely exhausted and need to shut down, regroup myself personally. Choose my next endeavor very carefully.

I am encouraged to finally focus solely on Metropoulos products. I have never been able to do this. The Head Master switcher is the first of what I hope to be many unique products I can bring to market.

My involvement with the next CCV has came to an end. I delivered a prototype based on the documentation I was given and it's now out of my hands. My input was everything mechanical and assembly of he proto. The rest is up to people far more familiar with that design and tone than myself.

I'll be in Van Nuys this weekend for the amp show, with a fairly limited display compared to previous years. After that, I'm going into recovery mode. Financially and physically. I need rest and to refocus. By the first of he year I expect to have my next plan of attack plotted and be building steam.

Metro-Friedman will be on display. Though the direction of that collaboration for he future is unclear at this time.

Thats all the info I can share or care to share at his time. Any further info has to come from the respective companies. Technically, I am still under NDA and bound from posting their business details.

George

This post is the most forthcoming and informative than anything else posted in the Cameron forum in months. Like George says, he has a limited capacity and the right decision was made.

Good luck George.

steve_k":1mhz3s2o said:
Velvetgeorge":1mhz3s2o said:
To clarify a few things:

George

This post is the most forthcoming and informative than anything else posted in the Cameron forum in months. Like George says, he has a limited capacity and the right decision was made.

Good luck George.

yep...... see ya at the show George

Many thanks. I appreciate the encouragement.

I wish I could have done more on the CCV front. But, I just am not familiar enough with that circuit to see it through correctly.
I can at least say that progress has been made. All the parts fit together and all the components are accounted for.

george

Velvetgeorge":fddfacmx said:
Many thanks. I appreciate the encouragement.

I wish I could have done more on the CCV front. But, I just am not familiar enough with that circuit to see it through correctly.
I can at least say that progress has been made. All the parts fit together and all the components are accounted for.

george
You are an expert in your field. Do not feel bad as no one is familiar enough with it other than Mark. Mark personally showed Barrang what to do and they still failed. Best Wishes to you.

Velvetgeorge":3otok64e said:
To clarify a few things:

My involvement with the next CCV has came to an end.

George

No real surprises in any of the above. With Friedman production moving out west, combined with Brad posting that Atomica for sale in the Classifieds a week or so ago, stating "it will be the last available for some time", I figured this announcement was to follow.

"Last Atomica for some time" might just be synonymous with "last Atomica"..... :confused:

Anyways, good on you George. All the best for the future. Get some well deserved rest!

Back