Why I hate my Jackson RRT3

GearGasms

Doctor Love
I know the title looks like the usual clickbait but I actually sold this guitar on Reverb just last week. So unlike most pinhead YouTubers, I say what I mean. What don't I like about the Jackson RRT3? Come watch this fun filled video and find out. And I'm curious to know if you agree with my assessment.
Celebrate Mediocrity and have a nice weekend!
alan

"Normally I don't like gold hardware"

I'm never watching your videos again man.

Okay just kidding about that. Good video. I've always wanted one of those and I don't even play metal. The headstock should be reverse though. Reverse headstocks are always cooler and ergonomically superior. I have had three different V's that all got sold for the exact same reason you mentioned. They suck sitting down. I like something I can lean back on the couch with and write and play for hours in comfort. Like a nice ES or LP.

I always like the background "you suck" and other self deprecating remarks you insert into your videos. They crack me up every time. Nicely done my man.

"Normally I don't like gold hardware"

I'm never watching your videos again man.

Okay just kidding about that. Good video. I've always wanted one of those and I don't even play metal. The headstock should be reverse though. Reverse headstocks are always cooler and ergonomically superior. I have had three different V's that all got sold for the exact same reason you mentioned. They suck sitting down. I like something I can lean back on the couch with and write and play for hours in comfort. Like a nice ES or LP.

I always like the background "you suck" and other self deprecating remarks you insert into your videos. They crack me up every time. Nicely done my man.
Thank you brother! I appreciate it! I sold the guitar a couple of weeks after I made this so it has a proper home now with someone who can love it the way it's supposed to be loved!

before even clicking on that I knew it was the sitting down thing .. I just leave the strap on, shorten it a little and play ... not rocket science for some of us

before even clicking on that I knew it was the sitting down thing .. I just leave the strap on, shorten it a little and play ... not rocket science for some of us
Man, there's nothing I like more than being called stupid first thing in the morning. I spent my first 14 years of my career at NASA so I know a little about rocket science.

Last edited:
very pleased with my Jackson Rhoads X series, I have three: also recently sold my Jackson Rhoads Concorde

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

Rhoads-RRX24M-SnowWhite.JPG

That’s the reason I only buy V’s — the classical position is much more comfortable to me. No strap needed…And they look rad🤘
They have more "air" than all the other Gibsons 'cept a 335 and the 58 looks especially rad AND they are light with great upper fret access. I don't play classical and don't care to sit bolt upright for hours. I'm talking about my leg up over the arm of the couch, fully laid back playing. The V just don't cut it for me. I've had three and they were all pretty badass. I just can't afford to have case dwellers which is why they are someone else's now otherwise I would've kept the faded V with the ebony and the single crescent inlay. Should not have let it go especially since I paid $400.

What I hate about Jacksons with Tune-O's is they're soooooooooo far away from the bridge pickup.

For a time, all Jacksons were like that. I used to have a DKMG from the 2000's which played great and was made great. It's just that damn bridge pickup sounded so dull and blunt no matter what pickup I put in there. Jacksons from that era used to have the bridge pickup so far away from the bridge itself. Some still do, I think. I'm not sure if it's a Jackson thing.

What I hate about Jacksons with Tune-O's is they're soooooooooo far away from the bridge pickup.

For a time, all Jacksons were like that. I used to have a DKMG from the 2000's which played great and was made great. It's just that damn bridge pickup sounded so dull and blunt no matter what pickup I put in there. Jacksons from that era used to have the bridge pickup so far away from the bridge itself. Some still do, I think. I'm not sure if it's a Jackson thing.
Not a problem on newer models, i actually need to lower mine, the wrong palm.mute position, and i bang the ffucking thing

Back