Wildwood PT-20

I just bought one, I love it, sounds huge in a 4x12 and great in a 1x12. perfect for me because I am over lugging my 4x12 and BE100 everywhere I go. I always use the sat switch, so its worth it to me.

sixty-niner":kc5irms6 said:
I just bought one, I love it, sounds huge in a 4x12 and great in a 1x12. perfect for me because I am over lugging my 4x12 and BE100 everywhere I go. I always use the sat switch, so its worth it to me.

Does it have enough gain to play 80's metal/hard rock/shred type music? I tried a regular one through a both a Friedman 2x12 and a 1x12 and thought it lacked gain for that type of music. I'm sure boosted it could get me there.

I think it does, because that is what I play. The SAT switch really helps out in that regard. I had tried the PT-20 several times at a guitar center and was never very impressed, that is until I tried it with broken-in celestions and then it sounded great! It is crazy loud for a 20 watter, I had a peavey 6050 mini and that thing was fizzy and just a toy compared to this thing, I can really gig with it. It sounds huge!!

sixty-niner":523fi6gg said:
I think it does, because that is what I play. The SAT switch really helps out in that regard. I had tried the PT-20 several times at a guitar center and was never very impressed, that is until I tried it with broken-in celestions and then it sounded great! It is crazy loud for a 20 watter, I had a peavey 6050 mini and that thing was fizzy and just a toy compared to this thing, I can really gig with it. It sounds huge!!

How well does it clean up with guitar volume?

It cleans up fine with the volume knob, its great for my purposes which are the occasional clean intro to an 70s/80s rock song. not as good as the BE100 but very similar.

Just try one out at a guitar center and see if it cleans up to your liking, it cleans up the same weather or not the SAT switch is engaged.

Back