Will this cause an issue?

Philip

Hey Guys

The other day i had to use my Herbert Preamp Tubes to troubleshoot on my Uberschall and once i was finished i put them back into the Herbert and turned it to standby, immediately i noticed that V2 was not on, so i switched it off straight away and then a spare preamp tube i had that i knows working and put it in V2. Turned it on and she works but is very low in brightness compared to the rest, although channel 3 sounds fine.

Just would likes either Olaf's or Peter's input have i caused the amp any damage in any way?

Cheers

Also, make sure you put the tubes back in the same socket you originally took them from or it is possible your tone could slightly change. This could be minimal for better or worse as no two tubes are the same.

Also, make sure you put the tubes back in the same socket you originally took them from or it is possible your tone could slightly change. This could be minimal for better or worse as no two tubes are the same.

Hey Duolos

Yep i did exactly that, because i imagine one of these tubes is a balanced one for the Phase Inverter. I trust in Diezel's Engineering, just not in the engineering of the TUBE companies.

Cheers

Back