Wiz 4x12 Cab

steve_k

The Wizard 4x12 cab made it over. This one is black/black with the gold plexi stripes to match the head. The grill cloth is really nice course material and the tolex is almost like leather. The damn thing is built like a tank. No sheet rock screws to be found in this cab. Got it loaded with 4-Rock 20's. It is about 2" deeper than a Mesa, Diezel or Bogner. Other dims about the same.

It really changes the whole flavor of the MC-100. First thing I had to do was trim the bass, up the mids, and lower the treble. There is almost an echo or depth to the cab with his head that I can't hear out of any of the others. Very impressed again with this piece of gear. Rick certainly pays attention to all detail on both the amps and the cabs.

But, there are no casters. Hey Rick, all of us don't have Roadies and I don't like singing soprano :D :D :D

Deserves a picture, yes? It just kicks all kind of ass with the Lester and some Duncans....

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 1,982
Congrats ! So this one is 16" deep ? My old ones were both the standard 14" depth. Great cabs; they have a low mid richness I have not heard in any other. I like the Bogners just as much but the Wizard cabs are unlike any other, like you say.

thegame":j98tg36t said:
Congrats ! So this one is 16" deep ? My old ones were both the standard 14" depth. Great cabs; they have a low mid richness I have not heard in any other. I like the Bogners just as much but the Wizard cabs are unlike any other, like you say.

29H x 30W x 15D. Well, not saying they are better than anything, it just sounds great with the MC-100 though. I have never really ran anything other than V30's and G75's and K100's. These low wattage Rock 20's really make the amp sizzle. The cab does have a good, 3 dimensional sound to it though. Not so in your face and spitting nails.... :uzi:

Steve

johnnyjellybean":2eu7ilsv said:
Yep! Wizard makes a killer cab. :thumbsup:

Steve,

One input jack is marked as 16 ohm. The other is not marked with an output, but the serial number - is this an extension jack? These big metal jacks are first class too!

Steve

steve_k":3tiakh07 said:
johnnyjellybean":3tiakh07 said:

Steve,

One input jack is marked as 16 ohm. The other is not marked with an output, but the serial number - is this an extension jack? These big metal jacks are first class too!

Steve

Its a parallel output.

thegame":1ywiqd6g said:
steve_k":1ywiqd6g said:
johnnyjellybean":1ywiqd6g said:

Steve,

Steve

Its a parallel output.

That's what I thought.....thanks......

Steve

steve_k":5cxwobzo said:
thegame":5cxwobzo said:
steve_k":5cxwobzo said:
johnnyjellybean":5cxwobzo said:

Steve,

Steve

Its a parallel output.

Steve
Yep You can use the 2nd jack out to another cab and land up running 4- 16ohm 4X12s with 1 head set at 4 ohms!!

johnnyjellybean":1j1cknw8 said:
steve_k":1j1cknw8 said:
thegame":1j1cknw8 said:
steve_k":1j1cknw8 said:
johnnyjellybean":1j1cknw8 said:

Steve,

Steve

Its a parallel output.

Steve
Yep You can use the 2nd jack out to another cab and land up running 4- 16ohm 4X12s with 1 head set at 4 ohms!!

Jayzuz......man, how sick would that be? Maybe I should try it! May get one more cab anyway. They really work well with the MC-100. I am sold..........

Steve

Congrats Steve, I've the same cab and it's killer. What Duncans do you have in your Les Paul. I've the stock burstbuckers in my G0 and they sound ok but I'm after some high output pickups.

rocker":3dd5mwb3 said:
Congrats Steve, I've the same cab and it's killer. What Duncans do you have in your Les Paul. I've the stock burstbuckers in my G0 and they sound ok but I'm after some high output pickups.

Its the APH-1 Alnico II bridge and neck pick-ups in that LP.

Steve

My les paul that I 1st tried with my wizard when it came in had those pups. :confused: And i was not impressed, maybe it was more that cab I had an issue with that I fixed last week end though and not so much the pups. :doh: Gotta give that set up another go I guess.

Hollywood":ds3ozw8d said:
My les paul that I 1st tried with my wizard when it came in had those pups. :confused: And i was not impressed, maybe it was more that cab I had an issue with that I fixed last week end though and not so much the pups. :doh: Gotta give that set up another go I guess.

My Silverburst has the JB-SH4 in the bridge and an SH-1 up front. They sound even better. You don't want anything too high output with the Wizard dimed out on gain.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_5143.JPG
    IMG_5143.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,975
The les paul I use with the Wizard has been the 59 historic I got and I put in a rio grande BBQ in the bridge and a texas in the neck. They sound fantastic with the wizard mc-100 :yes: You are killing me with the cab brah. I told Josh Sage on the phone about 2 hours ago to go ahead and start looking into one.. Dammit! :LOL: :LOL: :rock: I gotta move a cab or two before I get one though, cause I got soo many cabs..storage is full and I got one too many in the studio. :doh: My wife is not playing with my azz when itry to roll one into say the den or activity room where they all play the darn WI system...CHICKS... :LOL: :LOL:

Hollywood":45526ypg said:
The les paul I use with the Wizard has been the 59 historic I got and I put in a rio grande BBQ in the bridge and a texas in the neck. They sound fantastic with the wizard mc-100 :yes: You are killing me with the cab brah. I told Josh Sage on the phone about 2 hours ago to go ahead and start looking into one.. Dammit! :LOL: :LOL: :rock: I gotta move a cab or two before I get one though, cause I got soo many cabs..storage is full and I got one too many in the studio. :doh: My wife is not playing with my azz when itry to roll one into say the den or activity room where they all play the darn WI system...CHICKS... :LOL: :LOL:

I know it. I got to unload some baggage or build a new wall else I will have cabs in every room. My wife may be catching on. She's Irish and blond, but still knows the difference in guitars and amps now :gethim:

Josh has an order going in he said, and can add another cab on. I am tempted.... :confused:

Steve

steve_k":1omdihb8 said:
Hollywood":1omdihb8 said:

I know it. I got to unload some baggage or build a new wall else I will have cabs in every room. My wife may be catching on. She's Irish and blond, but still knows the difference in guitars and amps now :gethim:

Josh has an order going in he said, and can add another cab on. I am tempted.... :confused:

Steve
yeah, I am trying to stay off that next order. :yes: :LOL: :LOL: I am pushing the limits of my....man alotted space. :rock:

steve_k":19svyzpw said:
...But, there are no casters. Hey Rick, all of us don't have Roadies and I don't like singing soprano :D :D :D ...

Steve

You know, I've been wondering whether that's intentional on Rick's part for acoustical reasons. Maybe drilling holes in the bottom of the cab to mount casters compromises the seal of the cab and thus the tone in some way? It's definitely the one thing I wish my Wizard 4x12 had as well.

Jack71":1hr9j8ia said:
steve_k":1hr9j8ia said:
...But, there are no casters. Hey Rick, all of us don't have Roadies and I don't like singing soprano :D :D :D ...

Steve

You know, I've been wondering whether that's intentional on Rick's part for acoustical reasons. Maybe drilling holes in the bottom of the cab to mount casters compromises the seal of the cab and thus the tone in some way? It's definitely the one thing I wish my Wizard 4x12 had as well.

Some say its a tone thing being in contact with the floor. I have a new set of Mesa casters in the box. They will be going on there in a day or two. Rick probably has interest in a case company. Wanna buy a road case?

Steve

I want another Wizard cab now dammit :rock:

JOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......................can you hear me now?

Steve

maybe the next 4x12 should be with the alnicos.

*** Johnnyjellybean - at the amp show did we use the alnicos with the rock20's for the bottom end boost?

Back