Wiz 4x12 Cab

steve_k":12r9146j said:
I want another Wizard cab now dammit :rock:

JOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......................can you hear me now?

Steve
Oh yeah, I would like the VC with output master, the MC with the new gain boost and the new Metal. The only problem is the cash :doh: :D

steve_k":g1cgw9pt said:
Josh - you got my 2x12 Extension with Alnico Blacks rolling????????

Steve

yes ma'am, we have an order from 662 in place. I meant to show ya something... check your email!

steve_k":126ob9bl said:
Jack71":126ob9bl said:
steve_k":126ob9bl said:
...But, there are no casters. Hey Rick, all of us don't have Roadies and I don't like singing soprano :D :D :D ...

Steve

You know, I've been wondering whether that's intentional on Rick's part for acoustical reasons. Maybe drilling holes in the bottom of the cab to mount casters compromises the seal of the cab and thus the tone in some way? It's definitely the one thing I wish my Wizard 4x12 had as well.

Some say its a tone thing being in contact with the floor. I have a new set of Mesa casters in the box. They will be going on there in a day or two. Rick probably has interest in a case company. Wanna buy a road case?

Steve

Yes, you are correct. It definitely sounds better to get the cab off the floor. Makes the bass tighter and less boomy/flubby. What I'm wondering though is if Rick feels that drilling holes for casters, even though they get plugged up, compromises the air tightness of the cab and thus, the tone. I would think it would be negligible though. It really should come as an option though.

Liked the 4x12 Wiz cab with the Rock 20's in it so much, I have a 2x12 matching extension cab with Alnico's coming. Should be really good for the MC100.

Also, since Mr. Wizard thinks its funny watching us pick up 4x12 cabs and move them around, I installed some removable 3" casters on mine. Had a new set in the box from Mesa that I was going to use on an old Mesa cab as replacements. But, they went on the Wizard. Much better being mobile....

Steve

Did you drill the holes for them yourself? I would be afraid to do that on my own. I'd probably end up with a bunch of crooked casters and my cab wanting to roll in four different directions all at once. :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":374lr1dv said:
Liked the 4x12 Wiz cab with the Rock 20's in it so much, I have a 2x12 matching extension cab with Alnico's coming. Should be really good for the MC100.

Also, since Mr. Wizard thinks its funny watching us pick up 4x12 cabs and move them around, I installed some removable 3" casters on mine. Had a new set in the box from Mesa that I was going to use on an old Mesa cab as replacements. But, they went on the Wizard. Much better being mobile....

Steve

Jack71":32h1xx5b said:
Did you drill the holes for them yourself? I would be afraid to do that on my own. I'd probably end up with a bunch of crooked casters and my cab wanting to roll in four different directions all at once. :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":32h1xx5b said:

Steve

Ah, come on dude. These aren't the flimsy little casters and they are idiot proof. Drill two holes for each and you are there. Go to the Mesa Boogie site and order theirs. Heavy duty plates and far easier to remove. Yes, I drill the holes. Was done in about 15 minutes.

Steve

steve_k":2vtrn4c8 said:
Ah, come on dude. These aren't the flimsy little casters and they are idiot proof. Drill two holes for each and you are there. Go to the Mesa Boogie site and order theirs. Heavy duty plates and far easier to remove. Yes, I drill the holes. Was done in about 15 minutes.

Steve

I have a set of Ernie Ball casters. They seem pretty heavy duty to me. And I'm not that bad with a drill, actually. Maybe I'll give it a go. :thumbsup:

Back