Wizard options

johnnyjellybean":yzbcqv5z said:
Hollywood":yzbcqv5z said:
johnnyjellybean":yzbcqv5z said:
Hollywood":yzbcqv5z said:
Call or e-mail Wizard. one is not any better than the other, just a slight defference, A= more modern, C=vintage.
Short answer, but Rik really did not like this kinda stuff being discussed. He thinks too much is made out of it for what it is really worth.
Rik told me he uses which ever tranny, be it a or c to get each individual modern classic to sound like they all should. Which is generally speaking the same, yet like any amp lines there does end up some differences. :yes:
But take the short eqiuvalent I gave you as a guide if you think a certain tranny will make a difference to you.
I have A trannies, for what it is worth.
I absolutely LOVE.... :rock: my Modern classic..... :yes:
Actually I would describe the A as more vintage sounding. It's a little darker and there is a little more emphasis in the mids.
:confused: I guess they all really do vary just a small bit then. The wizard mc's with the A's I have heard sounded soo modern compared to the C's.. Really in the end it is all up to the actual person. oh, yeah, by mids you mean lower mids slightly right ? The warmer/darker would be another thing lending towards the vintage opinion eh ?
By mids I mean around 800hz to 1K hz
Gotcha. :yes: :thumbsup:

Back