Wizard options

steve_k":25fyegu9 said:
The honeymoon is winding down to a close. Waiting on the Wizard cab to get here for a final tone check.

But, I am a little bit pissed, no I am quite pissed that there is not a switchable lead boost available. When pulled, the boosted lead channel sounds incredible like there is almost another dimension to the sound and it really pushes the amp to the next level. As great as it is, I wouldn't want to be playing in that mode all the time. And, the rhythm channel I don't plan to be on either as the gain is just not there. I assumed the switch jacks in the back would control this, but I found out that it is just rhythm to lead, whether you are set for pushed or pulled mode through trial and error and from Rick. I guess for this to work for me I can have a little midget stand behind the cab and give me a little pull on the lead boost at solo time or figure out how to wire this to one of the switch jacks.

I am just not sure why go to the trouble of having such an incredible high gain channel, and a boosted gain, if switching to it is not possible. I guess if Wizard is your amp, then using two would be an option.

Great build quality, awesome tone, looks bad-ass....but not much functionality.

Steve

Sent rick an email. This is the insight we like. I personally just use the volume knob as the amp retains clarity even when the knob is rolled off. I'll stay on this one, as I agree!
Josh

How big a deal is it, or would it be to open this up and wire it to be footswitchable? Or is there another way around this? :doh: I find the amp incredible but there a few things and this being one of them that are frustrating.
The best power plant/ tone machine on the planet. But after the invention of the wheel, there have been improvements. :LOL: :LOL: So tell me we have rights like the guilty.. :rock: :LOL: :LOL:

sounds great so far, havent had enough time to really comment too much, first glance gives it a real raunchy crunchy Marshall vibe. The extra gain boost on the treble knob adds saturation and bit more hair, similar to a gain pull on a Cameron. My amp also has extra Led's on the front to show what boost is being used. The cab sounds killer as well, that said I love my Marshall handwired 4x12's with G12H's as well. More to come when I have more time to mess with it.

thegame":zux8ulht said:
johnnyjellybean":zux8ulht said:
......................and so???? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh, the irony :D

We'll keep our eyes peeled on the classifieds :D

Two of these alongside each other, would absolutely be the shiz. Maybe an MC100 and a Metal. I was running mine with my Mark IV tonight, and together, they were just bad ass. I think I blew the back door off one of these Mesa cabs.

Just got to get rid of this ringing in my ears now... :aww:

Steve

steve_k":1t9vo9a7 said:
thegame":1t9vo9a7 said:
johnnyjellybean":1t9vo9a7 said:

Two of these alongside each other, would absolutely be the shiz. Maybe an MC100 and a Metal. I was running mine with my Mark IV tonight, and together, they were just bad ass. I think I blew the back door off one of these Mesa cabs.

Steve

You know..... it's a funny thing. Until you just mentioned it, I never thought of running the 2 Wizards together! Guess what I'm going to do tomorrow!!?? (After I've finished mixing in the studio that is........ no way someone could mix after an aural onslaught like that!!!) :LOL: :LOL:

johnnyjellybean":1eh20r1w said:
steve_k":1eh20r1w said:
thegame":1eh20r1w said:
johnnyjellybean":1eh20r1w said:

Steve

You know..... it's a funny thing. Until you just mentioned it, I never thought of running the 2 Wizards together! Guess what I'm going to do tomorrow!!?? (After I've finished mixing in the studio that is........ no way someone could mix after an aural onslaught like that!!!) :LOL: :LOL:

I always mix two amps. Haven't found one to do everything yet. My VH4 is close. I thought my Mark was close. The Bones can do it all, pretty much, and cook lunch. As for the WizMC, it is going to be a one-trick pony. But, it does have an "aural onslaught" like no other. It actually sounds bad ass with the Mark IV and my Mark V. Been A/B'ing stuff all night. Changed tubes in two of the Mesa's. Now I am gonna change pick ups on one of my Les Pauls and change the pots on my Silverburst. The Man Cave looks like a scud missile hit it :confused:

Steve

I know the feeling. I got my Friedman modded marshall that I am reinventing with all new cosmetics surgery. I got 4 other marshalls that I have to get wiped down, gone over photo'd and boxed and shipped, then maybe I...oh darn, I forgot about the cab I gotta open up and re-work. :doh: Maybe play again soon... :LOL: :LOL:

Hollywood":38b3rtzp said:
I know the feeling. I got my Friedman modded marshall that I am reinventing with all new cosmetics surgery. I got 4 other marshalls that I have to get wiped down, gone over photo'd and boxed and shipped, then maybe I...oh darn, I forgot about the cab I gotta open up and re-work. :doh: Maybe play again soon... :LOL: :LOL:

What are you gonna do with all them Marshall's?

Steve

All sold. I am pretty happy that I am going to have a clean spot on the floor, even if only for a bit. :LOL: :LOL: I just don't need the amps leaving. Money just sitting there collecting dust. I am also over the having to have two of everything. :yes: as far as amps go. :confused: Except I may be getting another Wizard...err.....I mean lead boost channel. ;)

steve_k":mekti23u said:
Hollywood":mekti23u said:
Except I may be getting another Wizard...err.....I mean lead boost channel. ;)

ass :gethim: :D rub it in why don't ya!

dude, how did you swing that?

steve
I haven't yet . but I am steady Fk'n workin on it. I was asking about next batch delivery times and such. Gotta move some unwanted gear, which for the kinda stuff guys like you and I have this is no problem. :confused: :LOL: :LOL: Then again, I may just HALT..... :cheers2:

Hollywood":1ggogvho said:
steve_k":1ggogvho said:
Hollywood":1ggogvho said:
Except I may be getting another Wizard...err.....I mean lead boost channel. ;)

ass :gethim: :D rub it in why don't ya!

dude, how did you swing that?

steve
I haven't yet . but I am steady Fk'n workin on it. I was asking about next batch delivery times and such. Gotta move some unwanted gear, which for the kinda stuff guys like you and I have this is no problem. :confused: :LOL: :LOL: Then again, I may just HALT..... :cheers2:

I got a lot of stuff with dust on it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wish I had known you had some old Marshall's to sell. I would have picked one up from you and have you send it straight up to Mike for a Cali mod. I got an 81 JMP 2203, untouched over here, but shipping back across twice, I can almost buy another on that end and ship it up to the mad Canuck.

Steve

Back