Wizard Rock 20 Speaker Question...

edgarallanpoe

Hey guys, anyone know who makes the Rock 20 speakers for Wizard? Celestion, Emi?

What kind of speaker were they looking to emulate with this?

Thinking long and hard about a killer Wizard cab and need to know as much info as I can.

edgarallanpoe":p0ycv2kz said:
Hey guys, anyone know who makes the Rock 20 speakers for Wizard? Celestion, Emi?

Thinking long and hard about a killer Wizard cab and need to know as much info as I can.

you said long and hard....
sorry too much beavis and butthead lately, had my collection out.

Anyways, they are made by Emi. They are made to emulate a 20 watt greenback, and yes they do kick ass. Maybe steve_k will chime in with his thoughts of the speaker cabs from them!
Josh

joshsage":3vik6jh0 said:
edgarallanpoe":3vik6jh0 said:

you said long and hard....
sorry too much beavis and butthead lately, had my collection out.

Anyways, they are made by Emi. They are made to emulate a 20 watt greenback, and yes they do kick ass. Maybe steve_k will chime in with his thoughts of the speaker cabs from them!
Josh

The Wizard 20's are an awesome speaker and really make the MC100 sing. I suppose they do a great job of emulating 20W GB's. More over, the cab is a real piece of work. None of the shoddy craftsman ship you would find in mass produced, off the shelf cabs. Built like a brick shithouse and is so much better than trying to use V30's. Highly recommended.

I got a 2x12 Extension in route as we speak to run with the 4x12. This will have 2xAlnico blacks in it.

Steve

Rock 20's sound great with boogies as well. They are tighter than a greenback so they work. They don't collapse under pressure like a greenback yet they retain this deep rich tone with a crunchy high end. Slightly darker than a greenback they don't have that high end presence but they eq very well so you can bring some of that back into your sound. The very best modern "rock" speaker out there for me.

wheelman":1ihicgil said:
Rock 20's sound great with boogies as well. They are tighter than a greenback so they work. They don't collapse under pressure like a greenback yet they retain this deep rich tone with a crunchy high end. Slightly darker than a greenback they don't have that high end presence but they eq very well so you can bring some of that back into your sound. The very best modern "rock" speaker out there for me.

Could be, haven't plugged a Mesa into it yet. Will give it a shot. I think you are right though. You can actually be right in front of this cab with it turned to a normal uncomfortable volume and it doesn't spit nails and throw ice picks at you.

I am also impressed with the jack/plates that they use on the Wizard cabs. None of this budget plastic shit. I did install a set of Mesa 3" removable casters on my Wizard though.

Steve

Not yet...both cabs just shipped yesterday. EV had a back order on the BL's that we had to wait on.

Steve

Soon....I got 4-M75's on the way from Mr. Scumback which a Steve Steven's throw aways (he used them for a bit and broke them in for me :LOL: :LOL: ). Not sure which cab I will slap them in though. They shipped a couple days ago. I am off to Thailand on vacation in a few days. So, it will be when I get back in a few weeks.

Steve (not Stevens) :rock:

Back