Woot! NAD and not my usual type…

JerEvil

I don’t know why but I’ve had a hankering for an Orange for a good while. I’ve only ever played the Rocker 30 and that was like 15 years ago.

They happened to have this guy minty at my local GC. A guy bought it and returned it after a few days. Got it basically new for pretty dirt cheap (comparatively speaking).

I played it maybe an hour in the store and was surprised how well it could hurt rock in my simple hands as well as the heavier stuff. Was on the motorcycle yesterday so had to wait til today to grab it.

Attachments

• IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 48
Hurt so good
Come on baby make it hurt so good
Sometimes love don't feel like it should
YOU make it, hurt so good

Rockerverb would be my favorite of the orange oranges. Played a few in my limited time. HNOD :cheers:

I love Orange, they definitely have their own thing going on. I've been through tonnes of them, but a Rockerverb mki was part of my live rig for a long time. We had a 3-piece heavy band for years, and it always found a way to sit perfectly in the mix.

I prefer the mki and 6v6's personally, but sticking kt88's in a mkiii is a good time too!

I’ve heard clips where they sound decent but every time I’ve tried one the low to medium gain tones don’t have enough bite or jangle and the heavier tones are just too sludgy.

I love Orange, they definitely have their own thing going on. I've been through tonnes of them, but a Rockerverb mki was part of my live rig for a long time. We had a 3-piece heavy band for years, and it always found a way to sit perfectly in the mix.

I prefer the mki and 6v6's personally, but sticking kt88's in a mkiii is a good time too!
Man it hadn’t even occurred to me to tube swap in this but I bet KT’s would be huge.

I’ve heard clips where they sound decent but every time I’ve tried one the low to medium gain tones don’t have enough bite or jangle and the heavier tones are just too sludgy.
Yeah they aren’t a Marshall, that’s for sure. Demo’d it at the store through the V30 loaded PPC cab and the mod gains were killer for me. Dokken riffs were had for sure.

I’ve started selling off any tonally redundant amps to try and have more actual flavors on the stable and I definitely don’t have anything like this currently so I’m glad for it.

Sometimes I like it “loose and hairy”…

Back