Would like to hear clips with the Boost on the treble knob.

I"m beginning to think this Treble boost Wizard is a story of folklore and legend. An elegant story to tell around the campfire. No body has heard hit but the mystic stories still flood the forums.

"Hey kids......there once was this amp that would call upon the gods...... and rip notes into new sonic territories. We only have a few pics.......... and no body has heard it...... but we believe its out there roaming the land searching for a guitar slayer who would have enough virtue and courage to take rock to a whole new level...... or just post a YouTube video. It's been known to eat Marshalls and Diezels and make women run in fear. Some say it is a monster....... other say an animal....... but most would say, I JUST WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT! "

patterson_bigfoot.jpg

Loch%20Ness%281%29.jpg

the-jersey-devil-smithville-us-state-town-views-new-jersey-smithville-74656.jpg

quinnethan":2z7hcfxl said:
I"m beginning to think this Treble boost Wizard is a story of folklore and legend. An elegant story to tell around the campfire. No body has heard hit but the mystic stories still flood the forums.

"Hey kids......there once was this amp that would call upon the gods...... and rip notes into new sonic territories. We only have a few pics.......... and no body has heard it...... but we believe its out there roaming the land searching for a guitar slayer who would have enough virtue and courage to take rock to a whole new level...... or just post a YouTube video. It's been known to eat Marshalls and Diezels and make women run in fear. Some say it is a monster....... other say an animal....... but most would say, I JUST WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT! "

patterson_bigfoot.jpg

Loch%20Ness%281%29.jpg

Well, ill let you know how it is because my new Wizard MC100 is OFD with Fed Ex. Will be delivered sometime today. Coming with the new gain mod on the trebel pot.

parntz145":8180q94o said:
quinnethan":8180q94o said:

patterson_bigfoot.jpg

Loch%20Ness%281%29.jpg

Well, ill let you know how it is because my new Wizard MC100 is OFD with Fed Ex. Will be delivered sometime today. Coming with the new gain mod on the trebel pot.
Thanks for letting us know. And if I remember correctly you have some bad ass amps to compare her too.

parntz145":8faneafs said:

Awesome thanks buddy!

:rock: Clips would be nice. I am still waiting on my Wizard with the mods to arrive. :doh: So I am a by/stander at the moment.

Hollywood":106twsbb said:
:rock: Clips would be nice. I am still waiting on my Wizard with the mods to arrive. :doh: So I am a by/stander at the moment.
When will you get yours? Since you will have both, please let me now what you think when you have compared them. :thumbsup:

rocker":ljyqfrr4 said:
Hollywood":ljyqfrr4 said:
When will you get yours? Since you will have both, please let me now what you think when you have compared them. :thumbsup:

It would be better if he just said that it sounds pretty much the same. :LOL: :LOL:

ttosh":31jyj2c4 said:
rocker":31jyj2c4 said:
Hollywood":31jyj2c4 said:

It would be better if he just said that it sounds pretty much the same. :LOL: :LOL:
True, but I would love more gain on these monsters. :rock:

rocker":tw9wgn1s said:
ttosh":tw9wgn1s said:
rocker":tw9wgn1s said:
Hollywood":tw9wgn1s said:

True, but I would love more gain on these monsters. :rock:

Have you tried pushing the input with a good clean boost. It will go a long way with how much gain and saturation you can add. I used an AC Boost on my last Wizard. Have the AC Boost and a Rockbox Boiling point that I will experiment with on the one on its way. I prefer the boiling point as its clean boost is about as transparent as I have heard and the other two modes are really good as well. I would bet that this will get you into the same territory as the mods will, well it is my opinion anyway as I am sure there are those who will disagree.

thegame":2vmh2z24 said:
Boosting is never as good as having amp gain. Not even close IMO.

See as I said there are those that will disagree. :LOL: :LOL:

To me the Wizard MC has more than enough gain without boosting. A volume knob is all you need. But if you want more saturation a good clean boost can get that for you. But that is for my playing style and my ears, YMMV depending on who you are and how you play.

Also some amps start sounding thin with the gain to high, but if you push the input and lower the gain to get your saturation it sounds thicker to me. Still getting this gain from the amp IMO as you are just pushing the amp input to make the amp itself respond to it. Again YMMV and opinions definitely differ.

I got the chance to test my old MC (2007m) yesterday with my new Wiz cab with Rock 20 speakers and it sounded great but I still prefer my Metal ( Gary's, the game old one) Gary this Metal kills, your MC must be awsome since this is your fave Wiz.

I am a certified gain whore, but with my new MC I don't need any additional boost/gain even in the lowest gain mode! The feel of my new one is dead perfect.....the amp just speaks so well!! I still love my older MC, but I think I'm gonna send it to Rick to be modded to the new specs.

rocker":1ycgt7q8 said:
I got the chance to test my old MC (2007m) yesterday with my new Wiz cab with Rock 20 speakers and it sounded great but I still prefer my Metal ( Gary's, the game old one) Gary this Metal kills, your MC must be awsome since this is your fave Wiz.

Yeah its awesome, can't wait to get it back. Definitely has more grind than other MCs I've tried.

Back