Would like to hear clips with the Boost on the treble knob.

thegame":1v0obsi3 said:
rocker":1v0obsi3 said:
I got the chance to test my old MC (2007m) yesterday with my new Wiz cab with Rock 20 speakers and it sounded great but I still prefer my Metal ( Gary's, the game old one) Gary this Metal kills, your MC must be awsome since this is your fave Wiz.

Yeah its awesome, can't wait to get it back. Definitely has more grind than other MCs I've tried.
Cool, send her to me when you get the Natas. :D

Superunknown":p0b4qvgv said:
I am a certified gain whore, but with my new MC I don't need any additional boost/gain even in the lowest gain mode! The feel of my new one is dead perfect.....the amp just speaks so well!! I still love my older MC, but I think I'm gonna send it to Rick to be modded to the new specs.
Hmm,my old MC sounds big and crunchy but dont have the saturation my Metal has. When you say new specs, is that the boost on the treble knob you mean or are there other mods. How different are the new and old one, only asking because I wonder if I should get one. :rock:

ttosh":11uxkihx said:
rocker":11uxkihx said:
ttosh":11uxkihx said:
rocker":11uxkihx said:
Hollywood":11uxkihx said:
:rock: Clips would be nice. I am still waiting on my Wizard with the mods to arrive. :doh: So I am a by/stander at the moment.
When will you get yours? Since you will have both, please let me now what you think when you have compared them. :thumbsup:

It would be better if he just said that it sounds pretty much the same. :LOL: :LOL:
True, but I would love more gain on these monsters. :rock:

Have you tried pushing the input with a good clean boost. It will go a long way with how much gain and saturation you can add. I used an AC Boost on my last Wizard. Have the AC Boost and a Rockbox Boiling point that I will experiment with on the one on its way. I prefer the boiling point as its clean boost is about as transparent as I have heard and the other two modes are really good as well. I would bet that this will get you into the same territory as the mods will, well it is my opinion anyway as I am sure there are those who will disagree.
Have not tried the clean Boost, will try it out with my Metal when I can borrow one.

Back