Wow, used gear sales have come to a screeching halt....

Not to be that guy - but I sold my Jackson RRT for $750 in perfect condition in 2 days on Reverb. About 65% of the new price. Trying to sell locally is not good and Reverb ate me up in fees a little but the broader audience helped move it.

Since the thread veered off into personal economics, I always paid extra on principal on my mortgage and it's been paid since 2018. I bought myself a PRS as a reward. Interest is the devil. I avoid it whenever I can.
Are you a real doctor ?

:geek:

Not to be that guy - but I sold my Jackson RRT for $750 in perfect condition in 2 days on Reverb. About 65% of the new price. Trying to sell locally is not good and Reverb ate me up in fees a little but the broader audience helped move it.

Since the thread veered off into personal economics, I always paid extra on principal on my mortgage and it's been paid since 2018. I bought myself a PRS as a reward. Interest is the devil. I avoid it whenever I can.
I have had a steady success in the past year of selling a bunch of stuff on Reverb. I look at GC used and what is on Reverb and make sure I price mine at or below the lowest I find, depending on condition. Everything has moved fairly quickly after it is posted and I made enough to be happy about it. Stuff will sell if you price it realistically.

No surprise, prices for used became unreasonable, part of the reset I guess. New gear is probably why? Not an economics majorbut when a new guitar has doubled in price since 2019 it kind of makes sense. The classifieds have been saturated as well.
Prices are ridiculous, plain and simple. Used and new.

Bidenflation
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You clowns are hilarious. Seriously, this isn't hard. Want to criticize Biden for not bringing inflation down? Fine.

But, the facts are facts and you can't run from them. When did everything rise? Let me help you. After the Trump administration SHUT THE COUNTRY DOWN. Simple Econ 101. No new homes, no new cars. The 2 most expensive things we buy. No new supply.
Supply+Demand. Existing homes for sale? WAYY up. Used cars? For new car prices. All happened during 2020 BEFORE the election.
Presidents get too much credit for things, and too much criticism for others.
Should we have shut everything down? That's the question. Too late for that now.
But inflation STARTED when Trump was president. FACT.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You clowns are hilarious. Seriously, this isn't hard. Want to criticize Biden for not bringing inflation down? Fine.

But, the facts are facts and you can't run from them. When did everything rise? Let me help you. After the Trump administration SHUT THE COUNTRY DOWN. Simple Econ 101. No new homes, no new cars. The 2 most expensive things we buy. No new supply.
Supply+Demand. Existing homes for sale? WAYY up. Used cars? For new car prices. All happened during 2020 BEFORE the election.
Presidents get too much credit for things, and too much criticism for others.
Should we have shut everything down? That's the question. Too late for that now.
But inflation STARTED when Trump was president. FACT.
Don't get all triggered and act like you know me. I didn't invent the word. You put your silly theory into a public forum, don't throw a name calling fit when you are called out. Trump and COVID have been gone for a long time and everything--including prices--is getting worse. But, yeah, Trump :rolleyes:

It’s like gas prices and everybody jumps on whoever’s President, when the President has very little to do with it. Bitch at OPEC etc. Nobody seems to want to hold large corporations accountable for price gouging, trying to milk the Pandemic issues. I certainly wouldn’t trust a guy who’s M.O is run up debt and then just declare bankruptcy to avoid it. Trump, if President would be announcing, “a beautiful plan is just 2 weeks away and you’ll see prices tumbling. Only I can do it” But he’d be saying it for 4 years.

It’s like gas prices and everybody jumps on whoever’s President, when the President has very little to do with it. Bitch at OPEC etc. Nobody seems to want to hold large corporations accountable for price gouging, trying to milk the Pandemic issues. I certainly wouldn’t trust a guy who’s M.O is run up debt and then just declare bankruptcy to avoid it. Trump, if President would be announcing, “a beautiful plan is just 2 weeks away and you’ll see prices tumbling. Only I can do it” But he’d be saying it for 4 years.
You seem to forget he was there before. He is an ass but things were just better with him. My family is in the construction and real estate industries and we def were making a lot more money doing a lot less. And that money went further—my utilities were 1/3 what they are now. Eggs didn’t cost $5/doz. Not once did anyone ever complain about gas prices. We didn’t read weekly stories about Americans being murdered and raped by illegal aliens that flood through purposely open borders. We weren’t sending 100 billion dollars to maybe the most corrupt country in the world accountability free to fund an unwinnable war halfway across the planet. We didn’t embarrass ourselves by establishing the Taliban military, abandoning hundreds of Americans and losing 13 service members in a catastrophic withdrawal from Afghanistan. Our fed agencies weren’t weaponized.

Yeah, we’ve been there before, and I personally miss it.

You seem to forget he was there before. He is an ass but things were just better with him. My family is in the construction and real estate industries and we def were making a lot more money doing a lot less. And that money went further—my utilities were 1/3 what they are now. Eggs didn’t cost $5/doz. Not once did anyone ever complain about gas prices. We didn’t read weekly stories about Americans being murdered and raped by illegal aliens that flood through purposely open borders. We weren’t sending 100 billion dollars to maybe the most corrupt country in the world accountability free to fund an unwinnable war halfway across the planet. We didn’t embarrass ourselves by establishing the Taliban military, abandoning hundreds of Americans and losing 13 service members in a catastrophic withdrawal from Afghanistan. Our fed agencies weren’t weaponized.

C’mon. People bitching about gas prices is an annual event once it starts getting warmer.

I trade WTI/Brent futures for energy companies since about 1995 now.

I have an entire federal server farm at my disposal running automated algorithms and risk assessment models for striking contracts, running 24/7 just to get a better read on the market than a coin flip

I fucking wish that pinning the dynamics of the oil markets were as simple as these GED kings like to think. My job would be so much easier if all I had to do was track the doings of whoever is in office

Alas, if someone does an exploratory factor analysis on short term price movement, you’d hit about 11-12 factors completely unrelated to any U.S. policy, until you even stumble upon any remotely correlated variable that the president has any control over, the SPR

Facts don’t matter to these idiots, and frankly, even if presented with the facts, many of these reductionist clowns aren’t even qualified to lay eyes on them and understand what they’re seeing

They just need an excuse to bitch about their own shitty little lives

That’s a lot easier than taking personal accountability

My net worth went up orders of magnitude in the last 4 years.

I’m better off now than before

Guess my anecdote beats up your anecdote

Used gear certainly has not come to a screeching halt from what I can see, but it is true that stuff is sitting longer. It's not that people aren't buying, it's that the supply has increased so you can't ask such aggressive prices anymore.

I'm not naming names, but if I can go to the classifieds section here and find exactly what you are selling for several hundred dollars cheaper on the guitar center used site (with a no questions asked 45-day return), I'm not buying from you. Simple as that. We don't talk about it much here because shaming people's prices who are members is pretty frowned upon - and I get that, the forum would suck if every for sale thread devolved into price bickering like it does on Facebook sometimes.

What happened was there was a squeeze, tough to get parts, imports, manufacturing slowed, supply went down. This got people thinking they could sell an amp for $100 less than a new one, because people were impatient and wanted to play the new thing without waiting for a backorder to fill. Same applies to cars and all sorts of stuff. All that is happening now is a return to normal used gear prices, 50-60% of new value unless it's something really special (which has a smaller audience).

Here's an easy example. PRS MT100 is $1849 shipped, brand new. If it had come out during covid and was backordered, then people asking $1600+ shipped for them might actually get that because of the low supply. That isn't the case anymore, there was one at GC for $1199+35 shipping the other day. So why would I buy one from some guy on the internet at higher risk, for more money?
And that's why the used prices on that amp (the ones that actually sell) have dipped into the $1200-ish range (small sample size notwithstanding).
Capture.PNG

Sometimes it seems like people have goldfish memories or something, this is a normal used market. That 2021-2023 era where you could sell something used for 85% of what you paid for it is over. It's all about expectations.

governments all around the world are bullshitting about the economy growing, the entire planet is in recession heading quickly to a depression .... been like it for over 2 years and NOW things are starting to really bite

governments all around the world are bullshitting about the economy growing, the entire planet is in recession heading quickly to a depression .... been like it for over 2 years and NOW things are starting to really bite
lol, governments don’t just rule by decree whether there is a recession or not

There are actual economic indicators that can be independently verified

Anytime DOLS releases stats basically weekly, all of their methodology, data sources, and math is straight up shown. The work is shown lol

If you can pull a release, prove it wrong, and show the corrected math and data, indicating any consecutive GDP MoM or YoY decrease, I’ll wire you $25,000

Back